Starting afresh

IT.com

Britney

Have you ever created a website and blog only to discover after a few years that you're no longer interested in the topic and would rather be blogging about something else? If so, would you start afresh or would you force yourself to continue with what you have already built?

I think that entirely depends on whether or not you have your personal brand invested in that blog. If so, then it would be really hard to leave that topic and start a new one just like that.

I agree. If it's a site that you can easily sell with no strings attached, then you can start in a new niche easily, but if you are already very well known in an industry then that might be harder to do.

My guiding principles in such scenarios, has always been whether or not I'm making enough from the site. See, it doesn't matter to me if a certain topic still interests me.

If it was a blog, I'd probably leave it there to get clicks/affiliates/etc. and go and do something new. I know there are people who have repurposed blogs and managed to keep their followings which is great if you can do it, but I just work better with fresh webspace.

This reminds me of a network marketer who sort of abandoned his blog, but still continued to make passive income from it. I hope I don't get to this point though.

When people change from one interest to another, there is typically a segway involved. That being the case, I would keep the blog and segue into my new interest.

There's a guy who helps people adress this very issue that I've found online, his name is Frank Kern. I was reading through his blog and he's really very smart and talented when it comes to things like this.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom