Starting a blog

IT.com

tulip

Starting one doesn't seem hard but the challenging part would be in continuously uploading content and probably getting to a level where it starts generating income. I wouldn't want to start then go on to abandon such an idea along the way.

I have been a writer before and it is never easy coming up with interesting stuff on a regular basis. I almost thought of starting a blog but in my head I knew it involves a lot but I think when money starts streaming in, then that's perhaps the best part.

Starting a blog isn't as hard as most people make it out to be. I have done it and now I'm in the process of marketing my site and getting an audience. It isn't easy, but then again, if you treat it like a real job, then you will get good results in no time. My advice would be to pick a topic that you love so that you don't end up giving up when times are hard and you don't see any money coming in. You will be more likely to stick with it even if it's just because you're enjoying the subject.

Starting a blog isn't as hard as most people make it out to be. I have done it and now I'm in the process of marketing my site and getting an audience. It isn't easy, but then again, if you treat it like a real job, then you will get good results in no time. My advice would be to pick a topic that you love so that you don't end up giving up when times are hard and you don't see any money coming in. You will be more likely to stick with it even if it's just because you're enjoying the subject.
How easy is it to get an audience or market a blog first without first ascertaining whether people will respond positively? My thinking is that you can pick a topic that you like, but which is not popular to the people at a particular point in time. I would want to start a blog that generates income after all is said and done.

I'm hoping yours is a self hosted Wordpress blog. If not, take a look : https://blogging.co.in/blog/an-easy-way-to-start-a-wordpress-blog/

As for updating the blog regularly, you will realise that a lot of high value blogs are the ones which are very niche. Rather than focusing on broad topics like leadership, marketing, or sales, niche blogs get hyper-specific.
How specific?
When Pat Flynn began his Niche Site Duel (in which he and Tyrone Shum each created niche sites from scratch), his list of potential niche ideas included things like writer’s block, police training, and data loss — that’s how specific.
These blogs make an easy $1000 - $5000 a month. Niche bloggers create several such blogs with a goal in mind.
Ex: Blog A will take care of my home mortgage, Blog B will take care of my vacation, Blog C will take care of my electricity bills etc.

Does that help?

I'm hoping yours is a self hosted Wordpress blog. If not, take a look : https://blogging.co.in/blog/an-easy-way-to-start-a-wordpress-blog/

As for updating the blog regularly, you will realise that a lot of high value blogs are the ones which are very niche. Rather than focusing on broad topics like leadership, marketing, or sales, niche blogs get hyper-specific.
How specific?
When Pat Flynn began his Niche Site Duel (in which he and Tyrone Shum each created niche sites from scratch), his list of potential niche ideas included things like writer’s block, police training, and data loss — that’s how specific.
These blogs make an easy $1000 - $5000 a month. Niche bloggers create several such blogs with a goal in mind.
Ex: Blog A will take care of my home mortgage, Blog B will take care of my vacation, Blog C will take care of my electricity bills etc.

Does that help?
This is very sound advice for anyone wanting to start a blog. I have checked out the link and that's a useful resource too. Hearing that there are blogs that makes anything from $1000 is really encouraging, but I can guess that there is a lot to be invested before getting there.

The main thing you're going to invest is your time. Populating the blog with content takes time. Getting a viewership takes time. Yes, a person can make a decent living with blogs if they do it right, but don't expect it to happen within a year.. It could, but don't expect it.

The main thing you're going to invest is your time. Populating the blog with content takes time. Getting a viewership takes time. Yes, a person can make a decent living with blogs if they do it right, but don't expect it to happen within a year.. It could, but don't expect it.

To create a blog that makes $1000 a day is actually not that difficult.

You just need to play your cards right. Analysing and planning is the first step in this activity. Use google adwords to find out high paying ultra niche with search volume that near 30k or so. Ensure that the cpc is in the $2 range so that you atleast get .50 cents per click.

This is very sound advice for anyone wanting to start a blog. I have checked out the link and that's a useful resource too. Hearing that there are blogs that makes anything from $1000 is really encouraging, but I can guess that there is a lot to be invested before getting there.

To make $1000, you need about 2000 clicks. At a CTR of about 10% , which is super achievable with the right theme and ad placements you need about 20k unique visitors.

To get 20 unique visitors, you need to write 100 articles that each get about 200 visitors daily. You got to research your 100 blog post titles and outsource it to a writer.

Cost of writing articles will be 100 x 10 = $1000 , You can do the SEO yourself or outsource to an Indian agency for ( $200 per month ).. you can see results in 6 months.

Total cost would be $ 1000 (articles) + $1200 (SEO) + $50 (hosting and domain) = $2250

You'd have a nice blog that makes $1000 per month for you for this kind of investment :)

Man this would've made a great post for http://www.Blogging.co.in :D

To create a blog that makes $1000 a day is actually not that difficult.

You just need to play your cards right. Analysing and planning is the first step in this activity. Use google adwords to find out high paying ultra niche with search volume that near 30k or so. Ensure that the cpc is in the $2 range so that you atleast get .50 cents per click.

To make $1000, you need about 2000 clicks. At a CTR of about 10% , which is super achievable with the right theme and ad placements you need about 20k unique visitors.

To get 20 unique visitors, you need to write 100 articles that each get about 200 visitors daily. You got to research your 100 blog post titles and outsource it to a writer.

Cost of writing articles will be 100 x 10 = $1000 , You can do the SEO yourself or outsource to an Indian agency for ( $200 per month ).. you can see results in 6 months.

Total cost would be $ 1000 (articles) + $1200 (SEO) + $50 (hosting and domain) = $2250

You'd have a nice blog that makes $1000 per month for you for this kind of investment :)

Man this would've made a great post for http://www.Blogging.co.in :D
You've really broken it down man. I understand it when you talk about outsourcing because I was once there. You only have to have a pool of excellent and diligent writers, in order to achieve this. Generally speaking, blog writing isn't for every tom, dick and harry.

I guess it does take some research to be able to choose the right niche with enough traffic. I do think there's potential in almost any topic you could think of, unless of course you go and choose a subject like : weaving baskets underwater, or something vague and silly like that.

I think even what's considered 'unpopular' still has the chance to appeal to the masses if only the right approach is used (so as to generate traffic). I always tell myself that I will one day start a blog.

As long as there is a big enough group of people who have an interest in the subject or topic that you want to blog about, then you will always have an audience and traffic to your site.

True and I agree with all of you but don't you think there's anything beyond having a group of people with an interest in certain niches? If that was the case, then every blog out there would be popular. The thing is, what sets apart the more popular blogs?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom