Star.org is a blockchain project

IT.com

JulienJ

The sale of Star.org for $225,000 dollars through the Sedo MLS system, was announced yesterday.

Sedo shared the news on social media:

We’re excited to announce the sale of Star.org for $225K through our SedoMLS partner Alibaba Cloud!

This is the highest publicly reported sale to date through the SedoMLS network!

In partnership with Alibaba, we are pleased to be able to support our Chinese clients in finding the perfect names for their online efforts. Also a big congratulations to Public Interest Registry on this high-value .ORG sale!

Speculation on the use of Star.org varied, particularly since the new owners registered Star.Vin as well. That gTLD is for “wine” in French.

My guess was that due to the TLD and price paid, the project would be related to the cryptocurrency market.

As of today, the domain Star.org resolves to a website indicating the project is related to blockchain technology, with the following message:

Think Different Cross-Site Identity Authentication & UGC Values Transfer The Star BlockChain Network

I’ve pointed out the importance of generic, .ORG domains in general, and for the blockchain, ICO and cryptocurrency markets in particular.

The large sale of Star.org and its upcoming use are re-enforcing my position on .ORG domains being a desirable upgrade from lesser TLDs and ccTLDs, and a more affordable alternative to expensive .COM domains.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom