"Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations" | Andrew Allemann | DNW

IT.com

anquest

Country flag
Andrew Allemann: “I want to be careful too [sic] not suggest that flipping new TLDs is easy money. After all, anyone can easily cherry pick sales from weekly reports or DNJournal to show that some people are cashing in on any type of domain name.”

“That said, I think it’s worth bringing some of these domain resales to attention to show that there are opportunities.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

domainnamewire.com/2014/12/12/flip-new-tlds/ excerpts:

Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations

BY ANDREW ALLEMANN - DEC 12, 2014 DOMAIN SALES 16 COMMENTS

Here are some cases where new TLD registrants flipped new domains for a nice return.

Some people are striking oil with new TLDs.

It’s easy to come out and say new TLDs are a waste of time for domain name investors and that you won’t make any money with them. You can point to high initial prices and registry premiums to suggest that domainers are being cut out of the action.

The reality is that some people are making good money flipping new TLDs.

[...]

I’ve reviewed a number of new TLD sales from Sedo and DNJournal and verified they were indeed resales (not registrar auctions or direct registry sales) using historical whois records.

One big winner is […]

---------------

[ See More (including Andrew’s table of prominent ‘New TLD’ DN Resales/’Flips’ ( BY: Domain Name / Resale Price / ‘Hold Time’ in months ) ) at: domainnamewire.com/2014/12/12/flip-new-tlds/ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: "Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations" | Andrew Allemann |

12 sales out of 3.5 million registrations does not bode well.

The drops come renewals will be the biggest ever seen.

Re: "Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations" | Andrew Allemann |

12 sales out of 3.5 million registrations does not bode well.

The drops come renewals will be the biggest ever seen.

There way more than 12 Public sales, just in a single nTLD i.e. over 50 dot CLUBs have sold at an average price of 6500 USD+, there are several private sales that are never published either.

Take away the registrar "special" deals and registrar auctions I don't think it is such a rosy picture.

I have invested a few dollars in selected extensions and related, I hope, keywords. So I have a vested interest. I have had a total of zero inquiries to date.

We will see what happens come renewals and if any other extensions shine through.

@Wot the numbers after the takeaway are 2.7 Million paid by either end users or domainers (majority?) however you were commenting on the after market here and that is just getting heated up..I have given you one nTLDs example which is anyway in the top 3 on the primary front..

On my CLUB and CLICK extensions I have several inquiries..SEDO is the makretplace for these now. GoDaddy auctions have been opened up for CLUBs not yet for CLICKs

Give it some time this is a 2-3 year investment at a minimum assuming you have keyword strings that make sense with the ROTD

I think the problem that you will have with the GTLD resale market is that it will be predominately domainers as the general public , end users, simply don't know what they are and the huge amount of new ones simply add to the confusion.

Who would have thought the Chinese would not take to domains in their own language, certainly not me. No sign of that happening yet.

Anyway, as with everything, time will tell!

I hope certain gtld extensions and related keywords are hugely successful! :D

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom