"Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations" | Andrew Allemann | DNW

anquest

Country flag
Andrew Allemann: “I want to be careful too [sic] not suggest that flipping new TLDs is easy money. After all, anyone can easily cherry pick sales from weekly reports or DNJournal to show that some people are cashing in on any type of domain name.”

“That said, I think it’s worth bringing some of these domain resales to attention to show that there are opportunities.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

domainnamewire.com/2014/12/12/flip-new-tlds/ excerpts:

Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations

BY ANDREW ALLEMANN - DEC 12, 2014 DOMAIN SALES 16 COMMENTS

Here are some cases where new TLD registrants flipped new domains for a nice return.

Some people are striking oil with new TLDs.

It’s easy to come out and say new TLDs are a waste of time for domain name investors and that you won’t make any money with them. You can point to high initial prices and registry premiums to suggest that domainers are being cut out of the action.

The reality is that some people are making good money flipping new TLDs.

[...]

I’ve reviewed a number of new TLD sales from Sedo and DNJournal and verified they were indeed resales (not registrar auctions or direct registry sales) using historical whois records.

One big winner is […]

---------------

[ See More (including Andrew’s table of prominent ‘New TLD’ DN Resales/’Flips’ ( BY: Domain Name / Resale Price / ‘Hold Time’ in months ) ) at: domainnamewire.com/2014/12/12/flip-new-tlds/ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

wot

Country flag
Re: "Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations" | Andrew Allemann |

12 sales out of 3.5 million registrations does not bode well.

The drops come renewals will be the biggest ever seen.

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
Re: "Some people are successfully flipping new TLD registrations" | Andrew Allemann |

12 sales out of 3.5 million registrations does not bode well.

The drops come renewals will be the biggest ever seen.
There way more than 12 Public sales, just in a single nTLD i.e. over 50 dot CLUBs have sold at an average price of 6500 USD+, there are several private sales that are never published either.

wot

Country flag

Take away the registrar "special" deals and registrar auctions I don't think it is such a rosy picture.

I have invested a few dollars in selected extensions and related, I hope, keywords. So I have a vested interest. I have had a total of zero inquiries to date.

We will see what happens come renewals and if any other extensions shine through.

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag

@Wot the numbers after the takeaway are 2.7 Million paid by either end users or domainers (majority?) however you were commenting on the after market here and that is just getting heated up..I have given you one nTLDs example which is anyway in the top 3 on the primary front..

On my CLUB and CLICK extensions I have several inquiries..SEDO is the makretplace for these now. GoDaddy auctions have been opened up for CLUBs not yet for CLICKs

Give it some time this is a 2-3 year investment at a minimum assuming you have keyword strings that make sense with the ROTD

wot

Country flag

I think the problem that you will have with the GTLD resale market is that it will be predominately domainers as the general public , end users, simply don't know what they are and the huge amount of new ones simply add to the confusion.

Who would have thought the Chinese would not take to domains in their own language, certainly not me. No sign of that happening yet.

Anyway, as with everything, time will tell!

I hope certain gtld extensions and related keywords are hugely successful! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Mike Mann successfully defends the domain name Tergus.com in a UDRP case Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Coinbase successfully defends domain name in cybersquatting dispute Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert: From flipping smartphones to domain investing with Josh Reason Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Nice read: Business Insider giving bad advice about domain flipping Resources 0
K Learning more about flipping Marketing Your Website 2
D Best Registrars For Flipping? Registrars 15
Rob101 Flipping domains? Business and Economy 4
DomainSherpa $21K Profit Flipping 2 Domains in Less Than 4 Months – With Christian Calvin The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa $58K Profit Flipping 8 Domains in Under 60 Days – With Ali Zandi The Lounge 0
domainking131 A 60-minute domain flipping video guide for $29.99: Any reviews? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 $2 to $2,000 in 48 hours. One of the fastest domain flipping I ever heard General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 Read this awesome article on Domain Flipping Resources 0
domainking131 Security tip while Flipping!! A must know for every domainer. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 All about domain flipping For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan South Sudan to launch its tld, .ss, which can trigger a Nazi linked controversy Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan SC Johnson drops .RightAtHome TLD New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan TLD registry is offering free .gay domains to LGBTQ orgs, communities, individual,small businesses Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan You can buy “LUG.COM” exclusively from TLD Brokerage Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Should you get your own TLD? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Refurbished set of rules for geo-TLD laid out at ICANN 66 Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan dotcom is the most abused TLD name extension in Botnets in Q3-2019 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Radix acquires .Uno TLD Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Email phishing campaign using legitimate TLD to evade spam filters Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Sandeep Ramchandani discusses the TLD market. New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Cook Island's move can delete the .co.ck TLD Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest Google's .DEV up 4X to 66K DN Regs, Google Registry's TLD Portfolio TOPS 450K DN Regs (1stTimeEver) New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Jon Nevett Seeks to Position .ORG as the Best TLD, Period Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Bhavin Turakhia: His new TLD data from NamesCon New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Radix now has China approval for whole TLD stable New GTLDs 0
C Possible price increase by Verisign for .com TLD, need to rally Business and Economy 0
anquest The 1st ETHEREUM BlockChain Enabled TLD: .luxe (dotLUXE) @ $375 (~INR 25.9K) /DN/1st-2-Yrs. (ReqMin) New GTLDs 0
anquest India-based Infibeam's 'New TLD' .ooo Shoots Up to 114K DN Registrns. / RANK 33 (amg. New TLDs only) New GTLDs 0
JulienJ DomainNameStats.com: A new domain statistics site covering all TLD’s released in Beta Resources 0
domainking131 Smart geo TLD marketing by .NYC New GTLDs 0
Britney TLD or no? Hosting 7
anquest 'New TLD' DN Registrations TOP 24 Million (first time ever) / 'New TLDs' In the 'ROOT ZONE' = 1,179 New GTLDs 0
anquest The DN Journal Weekly TOP 20 Sales | Beer.BEER Sells @ $2K | % of .COMs in the ALL-TLD TOP 20 = 75% New GTLDs 0
anquest Cycle.IN Sells @ $16.5K / TOPS the DN Journal TOP 20 ccTLD Sales / Reaches #3 on the All-TLD TOP 20 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest SUNIL.com Sells @ $7,750 / Made it to RANK #14 on the ALL-TLD TOP 20 DN Sales chart | The DNJ TOP 20 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest .WIN Crosses 1 Million DN Registrations / 4th 'New TLD' To Do So / Joins .XYZ + .TOP + .WANG New GTLDs 0
anquest 'New TLD' DN Registrations TOP 23 Million / .TOP TOPS 3 Million / 'New TLDs' in the 'ROOT' TOP 1,120 New GTLDs 0
domainking131 52 new TLD sales over $5,000 you probably haven’t seen yet New GTLDs 1
Jas How TLD affects SEO Marketing Your Website 12
domainking131 Donuts makes $70 million unsolicited offer for Rightside’s new TLD New GTLDs 0
anquest DILLI.com Sells @ €12K (appx. US$13,440) / Makes It to RANK #7 on the DN Journal ALL-TLD TOP 20 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest 'New TLD' MILESTONE: 1,000 New TLDs Now Added to the 'ROOT ZONE', Also >> .VIP TOPS 200K DN Regstns. New GTLDs 0
anquest ITjobs.IN TOPS the DN Journal ccTLD TOP 20 + Makes It to RANK #7 on the ALL TLD TOP 20 | DNJ TOP 20 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
G 'New TLD' DN Registrations TOP 17 Million (first time ever), #2 .TOP Tops 2 Mn., #3 .WANG Tops 1 Mn. New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Find & Buy Chinese Domains Using ChopChop.domains By TLD Registry New GTLDs 0
anquest IndiCapital.com Sells@$5K, COIR.com $4.5K | 'New TLD' Sales: 0 | The SEDO.com Weekly List of Sales General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0