Some newbie questions regarding .in domains

IT.com

gcttirth

Okay, I wanna ask few questions.

Q1) What type of domain names should be purchased?
- Brandables?
- LLLL?
- Company/shop/office names'? ( We have, for example, a travel agent's office named "HITHITHIT". Should we try to buy HITHITHIT.in considering that agent as a potential buyer? )
- Product/Keyword domains? ( Even WebBrowsers.in was(or is) available. Which to my knowledge is a good domain name. )

Q2) My brother (whose username is dakshhmehta here) is a web developer. Should we try to contact a local travel agent or restaurants offering them website for their business? How far could this succeed?

I would love answers on the questions. Illustrating them with some of your past experience would be really helpful to me.

Thanks in advance,
gct

no company names/trademarks should be purchased.
Brandables are difficult to sell,unless one gets lucky.
Keywords sells.
Marketing skills help to not sell cheap.
(it is a good idea to contact endusers!)

keywords always hot for selling.
brandables I think have a good future.
I still don't know why indian company don't like .in .
.in seems short and meanful. but indian company like long bullshit .com

Keyword domains for high-priced commercially oriented products and services in competitive markets seem to do best.

Thanks all for the reply!

It seems like keyword domains are the way to go.

Now, say SmallHousePlans.in is available and it gets 1,900 exact local searches ( I have found some more with 5,000+ ). A minisite can be developed on it by targeting more keywords like "Small house plans in india", "small house floor plan" and such longtail keywords.

My question is, what are the chances of the revenue earned from it considering it ranks first on the google for the "Small House Plan(s)" term? Can anyone share their opinions and experience on it?

Thanks in advanced,
gct

http://www.inforum.in/indian-websites-start-ups/10928-development.html

see the .in development subforum here

Thanks all for the reply!

It seems like keyword domains are the way to go.

Now, say SmallHousePlans.in is available and it gets 1,900 exact local searches ( I have found some more with 5,000+ ). A minisite can be developed on it by targeting more keywords like "Small house plans in india", "small house floor plan" and such longtail keywords.

My question is, what are the chances of the revenue earned from it considering it ranks first on the google for the "Small House Plan(s)" term? Can anyone share their opinions and experience on it?

Thanks in advanced,
gct

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom