Slumdog Millionaire

IT.com

Ceres

I see Slumdog Millionaire picked many awards at the Oscars. I happen to watch the film yesterday and thought it was very good. The cinematography was great, the music fantastic, and the child actors very talented!

There has been some uproar due the film's mainly negative portrayal of India (e.g. slums, religious conflicts, crime, corruption). Also, some took offense to the term "Slumdog."

Personally, I thought the film was tastefully done, and did not come across as being judgmental. It is not the first film out there to concentrate on negatives (rather than positives) and it won't be the last.

Have you seen Slumdog Millionaire? If so, what did you think of the film and were you offended by its portrayal of India?

I saw it yesterday also. I thought it was excellent and feel that anything that brings those negatives in front of the masses is positive.

Yes great job to those guys! I have not seen the movie yet but will get it out tomorrow.

Great exposure for India.

Regards

Ed

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom