Skewed earnings (more like screwed!)

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
On at least 3 parking platforms our dot IN portfolio earns a pittance compared to the handful of dot Coms (both undeveloped or not SEO enabled)....the ratio is like 1:100 or worse when you compare .IN earnings (RPM) vs .COM - is this a common experience?

Yes thats why you need to self park - find your own advertisers! For this reason - we have platform.in.

1) Join as a PUBLISHER, Park your page. Create a blank parking page.

2) Join as an advertiser - for all inforum members there is a credit of 2500RS which can be used for free advertising (pm me for details). So you can put in any advertisers on that page through affiliate programs, CPM or alternate methods. Then simply 'apply' these advertisers to your parked page.

3) Log back into your Publisher account, and approve the Advertiser Ads. Your page could look something like this: Indias Shopping Platform

One of the advantages with having a parked page through platform.in is that in case your domain is appealing enough, our network of advertisers could consider advertising on your site as well and you would earn revenue share based on that.

You can manage all your advertisers and parked pages through one platform!

Thanks Indy (as for the plug) - however my point is there is an underlying IN "acceptance" issue by advertisers i.e. reluctance to pay higher RPMs by OOM - ie. 100x - hence irrespective of the "platform" - it is an uphill task to gain more ad revenue in a ever declining ad revenue market for parked domains.

PS: Evaluating use of scripts and will shortly launch our very own parking and dropcatch platform given we have a 10K+ domains in the portfolio

Thanks Indy (as for the plug) - however my point is there is an underlying IN "acceptance" issue by advertisers i.e. reluctance to pay higher RPMs by OOM - ie. 100x - hence irrespective of the "platform" - it is an uphill task to gain more ad revenue in a ever declining ad revenue market for parked domains.

PS: Evaluating use of scripts and will shortly launch our very own parking and dropcatch platform given we have a 10K+ domains in the portfolio
But parking revenues are struggling across all TLDs so its an indutldtry wide issue not so much a .in issue

Yes thats why you need to self park - find your own advertisers! For this reason - we have platform.in.

1) Join as a PUBLISHER, Park your page. Create a blank parking page.

2) Join as an advertiser - for all inforum members there is a credit of 2500RS which can be used for free advertising (pm me for details). So you can put in any advertisers on that page through affiliate programs, CPM or alternate methods. Then simply 'apply' these advertisers to your parked page.

3) Log back into your Publisher account, and approve the Advertiser Ads. Your page could look something like this: Indias Shopping Platform

One of the advantages with having a parked page through platform.in is that in case your domain is appealing enough, our network of advertisers could consider advertising on your site as well and you would earn revenue share based on that.

You can manage all your advertisers and parked pages through one platform!
Pls show us some earning from platform.in so that we can be convinced it is actually better than regular parking. Or also tell us what kinds of names perform best at platform.in. thanks

@LLL (nice pic by the way) - now I know who you are and will hunt you down for my next LLL (lol) -

I do not disagree as I stated "..in a ever declining ad revenue market.... " -

I was just shocked with the Order of Magnitude Diffierence and was comparing or speaking relatively between COMs and INs

Cheers

@LLL (nice pic by the way) - now I know who you are and will hunt you down for my next LLL (lol) -

I do not disagree as I stated "..in a ever declining ad revenue market.... " -

I was just shocked with the Order of Magnitude Diffierence and was comparing or speaking relatively between COMs and INs

Cheers
OK...you're onto it then. Ppc gapxreflects different issues and per capita income difference Stands out IMO. But I believe .in ppc earnings are set for a surprising sharp rise soon because the e-economy is about to expand rapidly and with a larger cyber economy the value for everything valuable rises. Just as how .in average end user prices will also increase over time.

Thanks for pic compliment. If its lls you know I got your back :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey DNK and lll.in,

Being a self parking platform, you can put in any advertisers you choose. So you can put in your own affiliate links and earn commissions, and the payout would be based on the network. You can also reach out to potential advertisers and have them pay you directly. If an actual advertiser chooses to display their website on your domain name through IAN (platform.in), there is a 50/50 split on all revenues generated - terms are NET30 with a minimum of $25 payable via paypal.

One of the platforms (top 3) just confirmed they payout 95% of the ad revenue to the domain owner (i.e. us). That was a surprise too!

On at least 3 parking platforms our dot IN portfolio earns a pittance compared to the handful of dot Coms (both undeveloped or not SEO enabled)....the ratio is like 1:100 or worse when you compare .IN earnings (RPM) vs .COM - is this a common experience?

Did you try Voodoo?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom