Should India Protect its athlete's domain names?

Nomad

Should India protect its leading athlete's domain names, as is being done by china? I think yes, and if not the .com , at least .in should be reserved and dedicated to its outstanding athletes.

Here is an interesting article

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Tough one really. It's one of those things that sounds good in theory, but the practicalities are difficult and it becomes a bit of a slippery slope. What if two people have the same name? Why only Olympic athletes? Why not politicians? What about if someone is buying a politician's name to create a parody site or an attack site?

The INDRP is already in place and it protects the Olympic athletes. I think that is sufficient. No need to go down this slippery slope.

Nomad

Yeah, that was the basic reason why I put in this article, It doesn't matter if it is used by another person, but Atleast such parked pages can be prevented, as for the Olympics time they might have been one of the most searched for names. I hope INDRP has regulations about it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aubits Why .IN domains should have more Free and Open Aftermarket in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Vivid should add “Money” to its branding, and either be known as Vivid Money or Vivid.Money New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains: Two facts one should know before making investments in long numeric domains Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Should NamesCon ban the registrar Epik from its conferences ? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Startups should file a UDRP only if they are very sure about it Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Attention required!! : Ethos will continue with .org price caps, should ICANN approve the deal Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Should you get your own TLD? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domain Investing: You should have a rosy annual return on your domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Should you charge a domain inquiry fee? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: What portion of my startup funding should go towards a domain name? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Amanda O’Brien: Only your target audience should be able to spell your domain name Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot SIlver: GoDaddy Should Add a Year of Registration for Aftermarket Purchases Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan One should take stock of their top Domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: What should you say to someone if you want to buy a domain name from them Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Surprising Opinion: Non-coms say .org price cap should be RAISED Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan By Elliot Silver: 3 Things GoDaddy Should Do to Reassure Auction Customers Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: More people should respond to domain offers like Shane does Resources 0
DNJournal.com Booking the Week's #1 Domain Sale Should Have the Former Owner of ILL.com Feeling a Lot Better! The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Citadel should have sent an email rather than filing a UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ CQD.com owner should be following the playbook used by MLA.com Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ .AI domain name moves to CoCCA, which should spur adoption New GTLDs 1
maurya Buyers interested. What price should I set? railkhana/com Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ DomainNames.com should have never been listed for sale according to Web.com Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Should You Make Your Own Landing Pages? Development Options 0
JulienJ How Many Geo Domains Should You Expect To Sell? Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Here’s Why You Should Promote Your Auction To Previous Buyers Resources 0
JulienJ If you invest in domain names, a recent UDRP decision should scare you Legal Issues and Dispute 0
wot Mitsu - anything we should know? Registrars 20
domainking131 New report says domain name registrants should avoid New gTLDs New GTLDs 4
domainking131 Bitcoin Scaling 101: A few things you should know about Bitcoin scaling Cryptocurrencies 0
Jason76 Should cheap traffic be trusted? Marketing Your Website 6
domainking131 Writing for a mobile audience? Here’s what you should know Webmaster Forum 1
Prabhat Jani what should be price of bloggingrocket.com Domain Appraisals 3
Prabhat Jani bloggingtools.net : what should be price of this domain Domain Appraisals 5
domainking131 The Online Branding Article Every Marketing Executive and CEO Should Read Marketing Your Website 1
domainking131 Why You Should Study Domain Names That DONT Sell Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Which domains should you drop? Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 7 things Domainers should do before the end of the year Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing Should companies migrate back to dot COMs from nTLDs? New GTLDs 0
R FIFA football youth world cup domain....should I keep or sell Domain Appraisals 5
domainking131 Where should I start my online career?? Webmaster Forum 4
domainking131 Should you choose a NICHE....or DIVERSIFY?? Webmaster Forum 1
CyberKing 10 URLs That Every Google User Should Know The Lounge 0
domainking131 Should I wait for the right price or flip it now!! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
T IS the gold rush over? SHOULD we be worried about this article from Forbes? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
domainking131 How much should I sell MEZZULA.COM for?? Domain Appraisals 7
the_poet "Why everyone should register a domain name" General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
C Why Domainers should read book on Web Design The Lounge 0
C 2000$ reseller price- valuate says price should be 5700$ For Sale 0
A Advice Needed. Generic word is a trademark - What should I do now Legal Issues and Dispute 7