SEOBook.com: How to Choose Domain Names for SEO

IT.com

Ceres

For SEO purposes, SEOBook recommends that you choose your domain name based on brand, rankability and linkability, and talks about each topic in more detail.

As well, SEOBook states:

There is another advantage for SEOs in the domain space.

Dot com's can sell for 5-20 times as much as a .org or .net. Keyword + .com can sell for millions of dollars, depending on the domain name.

Expensive, huh.

But...

By registering or buying the cheaper .net or .org equivilent, building out the site, and ranking well for the keyword + net, or +org, you increase the value of the domain name markedly. Sure, you're one step away from pure domaineering and you still have Google to contend with, but you'll be head and shoulders above those who are undervaluing these names.

I assume the value of other extensions could also be increased if you follow the advice given, and it doesn't just apply .net and .org. What do you think?

You can read the full article here:

http://www.seobook.com/how-choose-great-domain-names

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I really think that any domain extension could be worth a lot if it is marketed properly and appears high in the search engines. I do not think that they would be worth as much as the .com form of the domain, but they would definitely come close if marketed properly; perhaps greater if content and whatnot is included.

I suppose another reason why people choose .net and .org as the alternative to .com is that Google has trust issues with some of the other domain extensions out there.

It's true. If you really want to create a SEO friendly website/forum it starts with the domain name. That is the location of your forum and should be your main concern for SEO before creating content and such.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom