Selling physical products

IT.com

Kaitlin

Banned
I am into crafts, and I just got the idea to make and sell certain items through one of my websites but I don't know where to start planning how the items will be delivered. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Do you mean like dropshipping? I've heard this term used before, but I think it may be more about you selling a product that another company ships to your customers and essentially you don't handle any of the work concerned with the delivery. I guess it's a good place to start doing your research.

The much I know about drop shipping is that you ideally sell products from your store without spending anything in inventory, warehousing and so forth. The main disadvantage I find with this e-commerce model is that at times, it isn't easy to come across a drop shipper that doesn't serve many other merchants.

I am into crafts, and I just got the idea to make and sell certain items through one of my websites but I don't know where to start planning how the items will be delivered. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

To start selling online [consediring International Sales]:
1. You Need to check your local laws about Import/Export and Taxation.
2. Obtain necessary licences according to your country to get started.
3. Find Shipping / Logistics Partner, Find which companies do International Shipping and what is their Rate / Policy / etc.
4. Also, check for your and destination country's import/export rules and restricted items through your logistics partner.
5. Get Good Packing material, Pack your item and handover it to logistics partner, wait for delivery!

P.S.: Make sure you collect all necessary fees like transportation, tax, etc. from the customer.
Also, State in your policy that Destination country's taxes like Custom / Import Duty / Octroi / etc / any other charges must be borne by Customer and you are not liable for the same.

Hope this will help you.

Do you mean like dropshipping? I've heard this term used before, but I think it may be more about you selling a product that another company ships to your customers and essentially you don't handle any of the work concerned with the delivery. I guess it's a good place to start doing your research.

The much I know about drop shipping is that you ideally sell products from your store without spending anything in inventory, warehousing and so forth. The main disadvantage I find with this e-commerce model is that at times, it isn't easy to come across a drop shipper that doesn't serve many other merchants.

I don't think Kaitlin is looking for drop shipping as she already mentioned she is into crafts and wants to sell her items on the internet through the website.

@Nishith, you've really broken it down into something a layman can easily understand. I didn't know there was so much to do in such a case. What has really caught my eye is the bit about local laws about import and export. Again, you'd never want to run into problems because of taxation so it is best to clarify these things early enough.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom