Sedo Set to Introduce a New "Price Suggestion Tool" for Domain Sellers

IT.com

ebiz4india

Sedo Set to Introduce a New "Price Suggestion Tool" for Domain Sellers - Can Automated Appraisals Be Taken Seriously?

Sedo is about to unveil a new Price Suggestion Tool aimed at providing domain owners with some guidance on how high they should price their domains on the popular aftermarket sales

site. Sedo has been beta testing an iteration of the feature that had been labeled Auto Appraisal Tool. In a newsletter sent to clients this afternoon they said the new name for the public rollout in August (the exact date has not been set) will be Price Suggestion Tool.

Incorporating the word "suggestion" in the title is a good idea. It will be up to the user to decide to go with something near the suggested price or come up with their own number. I haven't seen Sedo's tool yet but to this point in time I have never seen an auto appraisal tool that didn't frequently produce wildly off the mark results. Some may make entertaining parlor games but I haven't seen much value beyond that, especially since some novices take even laughable results seriously.

Source:
Sedo Set to Introduce a New "Price Suggestion Tool" for Domain Sellers - Can Automated Appraisals Be Taken Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's wise to rely solely on an automated tool for a domain valuation. It might provide some guidance, but you should still carry out additional research to help you assess the value of your domain.

In any event, it will be interesting to see what kind of valuations Sedo will give for Indian domains (assuming they include .in in their new valuation tool).

I agree with wot and I further think that it's just going to cause problems. I can see getting lowball offers quoting Sedo's appraisal too. (or vice versa, people unwilling to sell except for really high numbers generated by Sedo's tool).

I agree with wot and I further think that it's just going to cause problems. I can see getting lowball offers quoting Sedo's appraisal too. (or vice versa, people unwilling to sell except for really high numbers generated by Sedo's tool).

I suspect that will happen and another extra line line in the sales thread:

"Sedo estimates the domain value as -----"

SEDO PRICE SUGGESTIONS - Released - CHECK IT OUT!

Sedo just released a Price Suggestions tool that help domain owner define sell price for the domains they own.
In order to use it, you need a sedo account and domain for sell.
This tool can be found in the "Domain Management" menu.
In order to use it, you have to select the domains you want to test, and select
"Get free price suggestions" in the select menu.
Check by yourself and report your feedback
Note you can not get price suggestions for domain you do not own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sedo offers free automated price suggestions to help you set prices for your domains. To view auto appraisals for your domain(s):

Login into your SEDO Account
Select the checkbox to the left of the domain(s) you'd like appraised.
Then select the "get free price suggestions" option from the drop down below the domain management table. Press the "execute" button.
Your appraisals will then be queued. There may be a delay in receiving results based on the number of appraisals requested at the same time. When your appraisal is complete please refresh the screen to view it.

Looking to sell your names faster? Set fixed prices! Based on research from Sedo’s marketplace sales data we found that domains listed for a reasonable fixed price sell faster than domains with no price.

BEST OF LUCK!

Regards
Danish K.
www.FMCG.us

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: SEDO PRICE SUGGESTIONS - Released - CHECK IT OUT!

i think sedo is doing a stupid job.. i appraised my domains and they took 2 days to appraise it and told me that all my good, bad ugly and few LL premium domains were all <500 each.. thats a pretty crazy appraisal!

if i were to sell howm0uwchow.com its <500 an if i were to sell mad.com its still <500 what a crazy appraisal system..

i think they are wanting us to sell off all domains pretty cheap in one shot to their increase their marketplace's buyers.

regards,
Abhishek

I took a look at this last night, submitted vodka.in and guess what!!!

Suggested price range 5000-10000 euros!!! if only it fetched that tonight at auction on bido :)

I guess were going to see more stupid asking prices based a computer coming up with figures!!!

i think sedo is doing a stupid job.. i appraised my domains and they took 2 days to appraise it and told me that all my good, bad ugly and few LL premium domains were all <500 each.. thats a pretty crazy appraisal!

if i were to sell howm0uwchow.com its <500 an if i were to sell mad.com its still <500 what a crazy appraisal system..

i think they are wanting us to sell off all domains pretty cheap in one shot to their increase their marketplace's buyers.

regards,
Abhishek

Were they all .in / .co.in domains?

Were they all .in / .co.in domains?

no.. they(domains) were a mix of various cctlds and gtlds.. but they(sedo) are putting them all in one fixed scale <500 be my currency preference as euro, dollar or pounds ! they only know why..?

regards,
Abhishek

no.. they(domains) were a mix of various cctlds and gtlds.. but they(sedo) are putting them all in one fixed scale <500 be my currency preference as euro, dollar or pounds ! they only know why..?

regards,
Abhishek

Thanks. Don't take it too seriously - automated appraisals are pretty worthless. I was just curious about what sort of results people were getting with Sedo's appraisal of .in and .co.in domains.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom