sedo offer for LLL.in

IT.com

LLL.in King

Country flag
Hi all,

I just got a sedo offer for $60 for an LLL.in with 2 premiums, 1 non-premium letter(w). After sedo's fees, i'll only get $10 at this point. Any suggestions on what i should do from here? i suspect its a reseller trying to get this one for cheap. I actually got this name off the available list of LLL.in. Appreciate the advice.;)

I think if you park your domain with Sedo, you dont have to pay the minimum commission fee!

Sedo: "No minimum fee if the domain is parked with Sedo; only the flat 10% rate applies."

Also, the name is probably regged @ mitsu. i thought you can transfer the name for at least 6 months after regging?

In the same transaction in which I buy at Mitsu I instruct them to use sedoparking as nameserver (if you read their board carefully you will see the link to click). In other words, I immediately send the domain to park at Sedo. No 6 month wait.

The problem is that I get almost no clicks at all for the .in domains parked at Sedo. If there's a better place to park, I'd appreciate any suggestion.

If you are trying to sell domains through Sedo for less than $600, you should generally always park them at Sedo, otherwise the commission will kill you.

I'm not sure if changing the nameservers once you've received an offer will work.

Cool that you got an offer on the domain so soon after buying it :D

@newyorkdude - parking elsewhere isn't going to increase the amount of traffic you get - a domain either gets type in traffic or not. However, generally other parking companies pay better than Sedo for clickthroughs.

If you are trying to sell domains through Sedo for less than $600, you should generally always park them at Sedo, otherwise the commission will kill you.

I'm not sure if changing the nameservers once you've received an offer will work.

Cool that you got an offer on the domain so soon after buying it :D

@newyorkdude - parking elsewhere isn't going to increase the amount of traffic you get - a domain either gets type in traffic or not. However, generally other parking companies pay better than Sedo for clickthroughs.

Thanks for the advice Jeff. i actually countered the offer last night with $900, but today, the person cancelled the bid :eek:

yes, i am pretty happy i got an offer on the name. it just shows how LLL.in are growth domains, for real. More action in the future for sure with these type of names.

That isn't my experience. As I wrote here a little while ago, I started parking on Google for Domains. Maybe half of the domains I now park on Google were formerly parked on Sedo. In the few weeks I've been doing this the results have been eye-opening.

I get many, many more hits on Google per name. By an order of magnitude. Small numbers, but larger small numbers.

The same domain gets more hits on Google than on Sedo.

The problem is I haven't gotten many clickthroughs on Google yet, while I have gotten many more on Sedo. My theory is that the landing page on Sedo is MUCH more attractive than the landing page on Google. The landing page on Google is drab and uninspired.

Maybe my Google landing pages will get better if I get larger numbers. I hope so. Maybe Google will install more attractive pages is this method [Google for Domains] becomes more popular and earns more $$$$ for them. I certainly hope so because even though I get far more hits on Google I get much [not far, just much] more $$$ on Sedo.

@newyorkdude - it could well just be bot traffic. Some parking providers are better at excluding this than others. I don't know much about Google for Domains though.

I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that I have not tried parking any domains with them yet.

Hi all,

I just got a sedo offer for $60 for an LLL.in with 2 premiums, 1 non-premium letter(w). After sedo's fees, i'll only get $10 at this point. Any suggestions on what i should do from here? i suspect its a reseller trying to get this one for cheap. I actually got this name off the available list of LLL.in. Appreciate the advice.;)

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you got an offer from sedo shouldn't the domain already been in the records as parked at SEDO?

There's someone from the US who joined sedo in Feb 2008/9 with one buying bar, he's the one going around making $60 bids on all premiums and high traffic double premiums.

I've been replying to him with $1800 and $900 counters, he cancels immediately on counter. Another tyre kicker folks.

Get a life dude, some of us here do serious business and don't have time to waste with wannabe's. Though I'm sure you would be buying 1 for every 300 'offers' you make, try and do some bulk buying for a change, or there are almost 2k available lll.ins - go register some.

Thanks for letting us know mwzd.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you got an offer from sedo shouldn't the domain already been in the records as parked at SEDO?

You can sell through Sedo without parking at Sedo.

I just got a $200 bid for this name.hmm.....i'm beginning to think its the same guy. maybe he's serious now?

That isn't my experience. As I wrote here a little while ago, I started parking on Google for Domains. Maybe half of the domains I now park on Google were formerly parked on Sedo. In the few weeks I've been doing this the results have been eye-opening.

I get many, many more hits on Google per name. By an order of magnitude. Small numbers, but larger small numbers.

The same domain gets more hits on Google than on Sedo.

The problem is I haven't gotten many clickthroughs on Google yet, while I have gotten many more on Sedo. My theory is that the landing page on Sedo is MUCH more attractive than the landing page on Google. The landing page on Google is drab and uninspired.

Maybe my Google landing pages will get better if I get larger numbers. I hope so. Maybe Google will install more attractive pages is this method [Google for Domains] becomes more popular and earns more $$$$ for them. I certainly hope so because even though I get far more hits on Google I get much [not far, just much] more $$$ on Sedo.

How do you do that?. Do you use just google adsense ?
Do you create a landing page and then have adsene on them?
As a sample can you put one of your domain name here please?
Are you saying you get 4 figure revenue income per domain pm/pa from google?

Thanks
Haresh

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you do that?. Do you use just google adsense ?
Do you create a landing page and then have adsene on them?
As a sample can you put one of your domain name here please?
Are you saying you get 4 figure revenue income per domain pm/pa from google?

Thanks
Haresh

Google Adsense for Domains:
Google AdSense for Domains

You guys beat me to it. It's called 'AdSense for Domains' and it looks as if a couple of people have found the links.

I think AdSense's basic idea is to 'cut out the middle man.' That is, if you use AdSense for Domains you receive all the revenue and do not have to split the revenue with your parking company, such as Sedo in my case. But there are limits.

As I wrote previously, the page that AdSense gives you is dull, drab and uninspiring. It doesn't encourage anyone to click on links. In the few weeks I've been on this system, I haven't gotten a single money-making clickthrough.

When I first wrote about this system on this board I was getting quite a few visitors. That number has tailed off. Now the number of visitors to my sites on the AdSense for Domains system is close to the number of visitors I have gotten in the past on Sedo.

You be the judge.

Thanks Jeff.

Newyorkdude - I have just parked couple of my NON traffic domains at google. Lets see how it goes.

Cheers

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom