Sedo .in Auction

IT.com
Let's see if this auction will take place at all.

It seems that Nixi is not happy with auctioning .in domain names by anyone, not only registrars.

html.in/rail.in already removed from auction listing.

Let's see if this auction will take place at all.

It seems that Nixi is not happy with auctioning .in domain names by anyone, not only registrars.

html.in/rail.in already removed from auction listing.

If confirmed, this is a big change compared to what is written on their website, indeed: https://registry.in/Registry Advisory LA01Sales of .IN Names by Registrars

'Advisory No. LA 01' is for registrars only. If they want to kill the Indian numeric revolution, I suggest to forbid also the selling of websites... These restrictions are stupid and does not help at all the online Indian world. Very bad signal sent to foreign investors...

If individuals/business can't sell their domains, its like saying you can build a house but can't sell the land. Why would I register and build a business on a .IN . They better think this through and be consistent. Confusion in policies is what held back .in so far.

Not to mention, lawsuits by businesses who have invested in building their .IN websites over the last 12 years

Let's confirm what the real issue is..

It is funny (or maybe not so funny) that this has happened soon after approx 100,000 .in domains dropped recently, and 60,000+ more will drop soon.

These domains were dropped by investors, now tell me that .in can do well without domainers.

The next goal is to get less than 2 mil of registrations?

The issue isn't sales, but auctions.
Individuals/Business should be able to sell their domains directly or by auctions. Only exception is for Registrars.

If individuals can't auction, then the SEDO .IN auction can't go through. From what I heard, NIXI was made aware of the auction ahead of time. To get their blessing.

A little clarification:
Auctioning in India is not allowed, meaning during your conference in India (like Namescon this week) which is were Rail and HTML was being auctioned.

Does not affect SEDO .IN virtual auction on a .com website outside of India.

Wierd law needs to be changed. But thats the best explanation I heard

Last edited:
Good news after all!

At the other side, that's very weird. Foreign companies can profit from auctioning .in domains, whereas Indian ones can't? So, foreigners can profit from Indian IP, but people from India can't? I don't get it.

Thank god, i did not submitted a single ... was thinking of submitted few like connected.in , ufo.in e-commerce.in etc.. but this auction looks more of a controlled auction , hence backed out..

I submitted many domains for this auction. Most got rejted on quality criteria and the following two got rejected after nearly three weeks with the reason Quality domain, but auction full.
-juma.in (Quality domain, but auction full)
-solarsol.in (Quality domain, but auction full)

Other valubale domains which I own/and some of them got rejeted.
winr.in
divr.in
solarinstall.in
imagebuild.in
jaho.in
digr.in
mudy.in
pady.in
natya.in

Any opinions and takes welcome. All are listed in Sedo

5 with reserve met, needing a Big boost with just over 2 days left.

Some names duplicated, prepaid.in, employed.in, shows how much care and thought went in to this "first time" auction.

Just me being an old cynic I guess but why would anyone bid 9000 euro when the reserve clearly shows 10,000 euro is the minimum bid to meet reserve?
I have always wondered that same thing. I see that all the time in auctions where a bid clearly does not meet the reserve but it is still allowed. Makes no sense!

8 names have hit reserve.

Within next 15 hours, I expect 2-3 more to hit reserves.

Just me being an old cynic I guess but why would anyone bid 9000 euro when the reserve clearly shows 10,000 euro is the minimum bid to meet reserve?

I think some people just like to participate but are not interested in buying. It seems to happen a lot - I don't think anything fishy is going on.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom