Search Google before buying a domain name

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Most people do some sort of due diligence before buying a domain name. They want to make sure the domain name was not stolen and that it is being sold by its rightful owner before agreeing to buy it. There are several other things I look at when buying a domain name, and there are a variety of tools that I use to do this due diligence.

One of the easiest ways to do cursory due diligence is by using Google. I simply visit Google.com and type in the domain name. Obviously a Google search is free, and it pulls important information from a vast number of sources, many of which I may not even have considered looking at.

Some of the things I consider before buying a domain name, besides the provenance and ownership history of the domain name include:

• UDRP status (current and past decisions)
  • History of litigation
  • Prior sales prices
  • Auction listings
  • News stories covering the usage of the domain name
  • Trademark status
Source

Yes, I look at WIPO and also whether Google has blocked the website because of spam and/or content on the website. If Google has blocked a site it will take some effort on your part to have it unblocked.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom