Satyam.net [fast reply plz]

IT.com

hsena

Thanks for replies [Satyam dot net]

Thanks to every one... Got some useful information... closed

Last edited by a moderator:
satyam is a trade marked from Satyam Computer Services Ltd, also this name was owned by them earlier. I am not sure whether any legal implications around exist.

satyam is a trade marked from Satyam Computer Services Ltd, also this name was owned by them earlier. I am not sure whether any legal implications around exist.

Actually i am not going to develop sites related to the computer services... And one more information other extensions r reged by some other software services... So there is no trade mark offence for this...

Satyam is an registered trademark in INDIA, by Satyam Computer Services, but this company was taken over by Mahindra. And now its called Mahindra Satyam.

Google it to check more about Satyam...!

:)

guys while i am buying this name i am not aware of trade marks...

Any way i bought this domain... :)

And i didn’t buy this domain for selling purpose... It’s for my new web site related to media and news... Bkz satyam literal meaning is "promise"... That is y i bought this name...

Here anyone who knows trade mark issues clearly plz share with us... Should i register this name before starting my website?..

Thanks

guys while i am buying this name i am not aware of trade marks...

Any way i bought this domain... :)

And i didn’t buy this domain for selling purpose... It’s for my new web site related to media and news... Bkz satyam literal meaning is "promise"... That is y i bought this name...

Here anyone who knows trade mark issues clearly plz share with us... Should i register this name before starting my website?..

Thanks

This is part of a thread where Mitsu responded to my question and very relevant here, I think. If your website is NOT competing with Satyam and tries to leverage on their name, then you can have a case against trademark infringement. That is how I understand

From Mitsu"
A. Date of First use of trademark in commerce.
B. Date of Application for Trademark.
C. Date of Final Registration of Trademark (Certificate Date).

So please now detail your query again on above then we clarify.

Reply of your second example :

Same reply as of first example.

If Trademark owner gives sufficient proof that he was using Trademark term well before registration of domain name then he will get full point for Trademark (but donot forget in Trademark there are lot of other points are also considered like pictorial trademark , similarity between TM term and domains etc.)

But Trademark is not the only criteria to loose your domain name in case of dispute , TM owner requires to prove Bad Faith and Bad Usage of Domain name too ?

"

Perhaps you can raise this question with Mitsu as well.

Good Luck

This is part of a thread where Mitsu responded to my question and very relevant here, I think. If your website is NOT competing with Satyam and tries to leverage on their name, then you can have a case against trademark infringement. That is how I understand

From Mitsu"
A. Date of First use of trademark in commerce.
B. Date of Application for Trademark.
C. Date of Final Registration of Trademark (Certificate Date).

So please now detail your query again on above then we clarify.

Reply of your second example :

Same reply as of first example.

If Trademark owner gives sufficient proof that he was using Trademark term well before registration of domain name then he will get full point for Trademark (but donot forget in Trademark there are lot of other points are also considered like pictorial trademark , similarity between TM term and domains etc.)

But Trademark is not the only criteria to loose your domain name in case of dispute , TM owner requires to prove Bad Faith and Bad Usage of Domain name too ?

"

Perhaps you can raise this question with Mitsu as well.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot for your reply:)... Really helpful for me... i am going to mail Mitsu now...

Regards

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom