Sagai.com

IT.com
Absent traffic, low $x,xxx. If there is traffic, that could push the value up.

Absent traffic, low $x,xxx. If there is traffic, that could push the value up.
Hi Jeff, when you said absent traffic, how can we get these stats? I'm confused if i register a new domain, obviously it may not have a traffic. Thanks

Hi Jeff, when you said absent traffic, how can we get these stats? I'm confused if i register a new domain, obviously it may not have a traffic. Thanks

You can park the domain and see. The parking company will provide traffic stats.

will sagaai erode on the value of sagai, i think it will, then so will the IDN-
सगाई.com.​

in the indian hindi speaking population context i think
सगाई.com will be more relevent. with technology growing in leap and bounds.users will have the liberty to do their own thing in their own way.use hindi .newer tools are coming, with the promotion of the internet ,this is bound to happen.And the english speaking populace will prefer engagement.com or matrimonials.com!IMO there are two class of users in india.but penetration of english is limited to the economically​

affluent.
but then shaadi.com is very popular!

On sagaai vs sagai, .co.in vs .in:

In one of my first jobs (I could brag, but won't) I did research that touched on linguistics. I learned a linguistics 'law' known as Zipf's Law. Zipf's Law says that when a word or phrase gets repeated a significant number of times, it tends to be shortened. Thus, I'd guess that over time sagai will be used more frequently than sagaai, and .in will wipe out .co.in.

There aren't any known penalties for breaking this law.

On sagaai vs sagai, .co.in vs .in:

In one of my first jobs (I could brag, but won't) I did research that touched on linguistics. I learned a linguistics 'law' known as Zipf's Law. Zipf's Law says that when a word or phrase gets repeated a significant number of times, it tends to be shortened. Thus, I'd guess that over time sagai will be used more frequently than sagaai, and .in will wipe out .co.in.
thanks!

There aren't any known penalties for breaking this law
so sagaai being more popular then sagai is perfectly acceptable!

The fact that both spellings are acceptable would push my valuation down. I'd imagine there would be a significant mix up of traffic between Sagai.com and Sagaai.com

i think sagai has more search volume than sagaai, and will generate indian traffic so don't worry about traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people have already shared valid points on this but another example...

How will a person type "duniya" meaning "this world" in English?

Duniya
Dunya
Dunia

I think what one chooses to type into a search engine for the 1st time might not be the same the user does a 2nd time. One reason could be that the experience of getting good or bad search results based on the spelling might impact what spelling he uses in the future.

Its easy to register to multiple domains but you can develop only one. So make your choice carefully.

Good luck.

Good example msdomains. Duniya seems to be the most popular, but all three seem to be commonly used. A company should get all 3, choose which one it wants to brand, and then redirect the other two. For a domainer, when there are multiple ways to spell the same thing, I think that has a large negative impact on the domain's value.

I would think, going by shAAdi.com, SagAAi.com sounds more correct.

BTW what would be the site developed around Sagai.com?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom