Rick Swartz : Domainers that Invested in GTLD’s are not being Quiet. Many of them are GONE!

IT.com

Digital Pandit

Country flag
Some pearls of wisdom from the Rick Swartz

Hi Folks!!

When you see the domain show for 23 years you see things repeat themselves several times. I am such a moron for not investing in IDN's. Just ask any IDN guy that never found the end of the rainbow.

I am a moron for not investing in .net even though the techies told me to. Now we can see not only is there low demand for .net there is also very low value as well.

I am a moron for not investing in ccTLD's. Now there was a place for those but I did not want to waste my time chasing those when there were still .coms to chase. And they have less value and less demand than their .com counterparts. So, just not the best way to invest my TIME. But I understood those that did.

I did prove to be a moron myself when I bought into .Mobi. I had a lot of company at the time. lol Remember, when I bought Flowers.mobi I was bidding against several bidders that went to $150k and one that went to $195k. But when I think back, that may have been a cheap lesson. Look how much I saved not buying into the GTLD .CRAP!! That was when there was just ONE new extension and they failed miserably. Now we have 500-1000 that are doing the exact same thing.

.Win is a big loser for domainers. Back in November 2016, 2 YEARS ago, .win peaked with 1.3 Million registrations. Today, only 549,000 left and dwindling. Godaddy has a whopping 1029 registrations.

Those are domainer dollars being flushed down the toilet. How do I know it is domainers? Well, only a fool would even ask.

Domainers that invested in GTLD's are not being quiet. Many of them are GONE! Even the registries are "Dying on the vine". A term I have used for YEARS to predict the fate of this GARBAGE!

GTLD's have detoured and delayed the demand and diminished values of legacy extension domains. It's nothing more than a cancer on what WAS a HOT and THRIVING Domain Industry. Now look at it!!!!! The only ones you can blame are domainers. They burnt down their own industry.

These folks crapped on their own golden goose and we are all paying the price in TIME and VALUE.

At least I can say that openly now and I don't care if you disagree. It is what I believe!

"When you put a single piece of SHIT in the STEW it is no longer STEW, it is SHIT!" We have hundreds floating around now.

- Rick Swartz

Full Article link:

www.ricksblog.com/2018/10/domainers-that-invested-in-gtlds-are-not-being-quiet-many-of-them-are-gone/#.W76OzXszbcs

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom