ReSTART: Anti-Internet Detox Program

IT.com

Ceres

In Washington, there's now a detox program for those addicted to the Internet. The 45-day treatment program costs $14,500. I notice the centre is conveniently located 20 minutes away from Microsoft's Redmond HQ. ;)

And is it ironic that an internet addiction recovery program has a blog, Twitter feed, Facebook sit, and YouTube channel? At least they don't give out their WoW character names.
Well it's probably the best way to reach their target audience. :eek:

Here's how to ascertain if you're a computer and Internet/gaming addict:

Here is what to look for (3-4 yes responses suggest abuse; 5 or more suggest addiction)
• Increasing amounts of time spent on computer and internet activities
• Failed attempts to control behavior
• Heightened sense of euphoria while involved in computer and internet activities
• Craving more time on the computer and internet
• Neglecting friends and family
• Feeling restless when not engaged in the activity
• Being dishonest with others
• Computer use interfering with job/school performance
• Feeling guilty, ashamed, anxious, or depressed as a result of behavior
• Changes in sleep patterns
• Physical changes such as weight gain or loss, backaches, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome
• Withdrawing from other pleasurable activities
Source: Signs & Symptoms of Internet Addiction

Well I think I'm probably safe. Hey, I've never used Facebook and I don't use SMS. My computer use doesn't interfere with my job because my job revolves around the Internet. There have been no major changes in my sleep pattern - I tend to sleep like a log no matter what! Sometimes, I even manage to step away from my computer. :p

So, how about you? Internet junkie or not?

I must admit im an addict. Its to the point that i sleep on my keyboard :p.

Hey kussy, a keyboard can't be very comfortable to sleep on. :p

Well I confess I've probably fallen asleep twice at my computer. Those were "workaholic days". :)

Well, I'm an addict too, but it's worth it :)

The price tag is somewhat phenomenal - I'd prefer to use that money to buy a few good domains :)

Is that website a joke? I find the testimonies quite funny.
And all the links point to the index page. :S

The price tag is somewhat phenomenal - I'd prefer to use that money to buy a few good domains :)

Now there speaks a true domain addict. :p

Is that website a joke? I find the testimonies quite funny.
And all the links point to the index page. :S

Yes kussy, dnRehab.com is a parody website. It's the first time I've seen it - it sure made me smile. It looks like the talented person behind this website is Tia Wood.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom