ResellerClub to extend $1.89 regfee for .in till Sept 30th, 2010

IT.com

the_poet

Country flag
Take a look at their promo page.

The extremely low reg fees are bad for at least two reasons:

- they hurt the extension's reputation and may expose it to hackers, phishers, etc. just what happened to .infos

- it means we won't have lower renewal fees

What do you think?

This will hurt the extension and you will see more drops.

I am disappointed, wish they could have come with lower renewal or bulk renewal discount.

Renewal charges currently is lowest at MITSU, We are the only registrar who is trying hard (to use our all posiible contacts) to get renewal promo at .IN registry level and we are assured by registry that it is expected to come by October.

Till now we request if your domains are due for renewal then renewal with us and wait for renewal promo to come. We are currently the lowest price for .In renewal.

Hi All,

This is the first time i have seen people complaining because of lower pricing for domain.

@the_poet I am happy that there are registrar like resellerclub.com who always pass on any promo they get from the registry. That is one of the few reason i have been with them for 5+ year from the time they sold domain from their main site www.directi.com

If you think their lower price hurt the extension's reputation then i think you should target the Registry NIXI/Afilias and not www.resellerclub.com, its the registry who has lowered the first year registration fee so that more people can register domain in the .IN space and resellerclub is just passing it further to its customer, which IMHO is truly great for people like me who does lot of registration.

@kedaar, if the Registry operator sees lots of drop, then they would also lower the renewal fee. Once they do that, rest assure resellerclub would provide that as well. From your forum signature it seems you are a domainer, from when have domainers stopped liking lower pricing :). Also, kedaar you should thank resellerclub otherwise you would have had to pay higher pricing for the domains as mitsu acknowledged that they lower the pricing only because of resellerclub.

@Mitsu, i think you can use your contacts and get lower renewal pricing from the registry, once the registry lowers its pricing, resellerclub.com would provide it to its resellers

Thanx
Jincy Adebayor

Currently our transfer and renewal charges are lowest among all registrar.

Yes I'm aware of this, the only other place where its cheaper is Godaddy via coupon codes. However, my question was in regards to the upcoming promotion you speak of...

You mentioned earlier renewal prices will be around the $6 mark - what I meant is, will this same promotion apply to transferring .in domains as well - or just for names which are already at mitsu?

@jincyadebayor: The real problem with a very low registration price is the consequent high renewal fee.

To honest with all registrant of Mitsu, Keeping pricing low requires lot of backhand activity every month at Mitsu as well as at reseller club also.

To give low price to all of you every month we have to rotate registrar at backhand and you all must have observed that you are managing domains at MITSU or Business Solutions (Our another registrar account) but registrar at backhand may be different, same is the story with other registrars who is offering low price.

If you go through all .IN registrar's website you will find only two three registrar are offering domains below INR 100/- ? Did you ever think why is so ?

Hope you all understand our concern.

@Mitsu: What we want to say is that we would prefer a lower renewal fee, even if the registering price was a little higher. Personally, I'd even be happy to pay a little higher reg fee if this could lead to lower renewals. More or less what happens with .com's

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mitsu: What we want to say is that we would prefer a lower renewal fee, even if the registering price was a little higher. Personally, I'd even be happy to pay a little higher reg fee if this could lead to lower renewals. More or less what happens with .com's

+1

I'd much prefer a better balance between the two.

Makes me wonder if mass registration of crappy names at the promo pricing helps anyone other than the registry themselves in terms of boosting numbers. Wouldn't it be better to have a more sustainable system with less drops each year?

Who knows.

But I along with many others would prefer to see a better balance... Of course its not down to the registrars only - its the people higher up who need to make the changes. I just hope .in doesn't turn out like .info

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom