Releasing an app?

Mallard

Is it worth coding and releasing an App to go with your website to drive traffic? I did consider it, but even with the AppMakers out there it looks like a lot of work, and the custom builders are not cheap.

Roshni

I didn't bother. There are loads of wordpress plugins to turn sites into apps, so its something I could do quickly if I wanted, but I like people going straight to my site.

Foroux

The big problem is that the app will constantly need updating and you never know when your version will fall out of favor with the latest android or iphone update. It's just a lot to keep up with. And the second the app no longer works, it will increase the fussing among your market.

Update: I've been reading other threads and just noticed you know how to code. That is a big benefit and truly impressive! If you know how to keep an app going after it's been created then why not go for it?

Last edited:

dibon

If you know how to code, it shouldn't be a big problem but that would also call for more devotion of time to ensure that the app is always updated. As for me, I always prefer visitors directly accessing my website.

Domainant

I would create the app if I had the talent. More and more people are accessing the internet with their smartphone. An app will allow you to reach that audience. It can also extend your professional network and build your reputation in the community too. I say go for it.

ritchie

I would create the app if I had the talent. More and more people are accessing the internet with their smartphone. An app will allow you to reach that audience. It can also extend your professional network and build your reputation in the community too. I say go for it.
True but again, you have to ensure that whatever traffic you are getting through the apps is worth it. I am more concerned about an app that is functional and updates easily so as to act as a complementary to the website.

tulip

It is true that designing an app actually requires talent and not everyone can do this. All the same, even when deciding to build an app, I agree that there should be the capacity to do stuff like updating the app.

Connected

You should look at your demographic. If they use mobile phones, an app is worth the price it takes to make it. If they are, by and large, homebodies, I wouldn't bother.

tulip

I concur with you @Connected. It would be a waste of resources to release an app if the majority of the users don't use mobile phones.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy says releasing outbound domain transfers is not working Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Dot Vegas is releasing 2,266 previously reserved .vegas domain names Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan MMX is releasing 5,000 previously reserved premium names in TLDs like .work, .fit, .fashion and more New GTLDs 0
domainking131 .Club is releasing 4,500 new premium domain names New GTLDs 1
domainking131 Rightside is releasing 2-character domains New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Donuts releasing 2 character domain names this week New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan 8th July Market Update: $250k in Sales - Reality.app sold for $24,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan What a bizarre name !!! : Mmhmm, a US startup, registers Mmhmm.App New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Shopify launches a consumer shopping app with Shop.app New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Shop.app sells for $200K New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan 26th March Market Update: $551k in Sales - Shop.app sold for $200,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan New Features On GoDaddy: Search and Watchlist capabilities in the Investor App Registrars 0
J App Based CMS for Creating Website Webmaster Forum 0
Prashant Sharan Glovo App maker tried to reverse hijack glovo.com ? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Hallow, Inc. sheds .app, upgrades to Hallow.com for $70,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Hallow, Inc. sheds .app, upgrades to Hallow.com for $70,000 Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Bidding on the new GoDaddy Investor app requires caution Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy now has an updated Investor iOS app Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Google’s .app “junk drop” is quite fine Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The utility of the Uniregistry App Registrars 0
DomainFQ.com ExpertOptionApp | ExpertOption App |Expert Option App| Non-India Related Domains 1
DomainFQ.com EoCoinApp | Eo Coin App | EoCoin.App |EoCoinApp.com | Non-India Related Domains 2
DomainFQ.com EoTradeapp | EoTrade.app | Eo Trade app | Non-India Related Domains 1
DomainFQ.com EoFinance.app | Eo Finance app | EoFinanceapp | Non-India Related Domains 1
Prashant Sharan Beware of a new fake android app called “GoDaddy Dashboard : Website, Domain Name, Email” Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Respondent in the UDRP case against the RosettaStone.app does to US court Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan The .App “junk drop” is nigh New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Common language terms led to dissenting decision in .APP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan 18th March Market Update: $218k in Sales - Support.app sold for $30,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz shares his views about .App New GTLDs 0
DomainFQ.com HouseRentalApp.com | House Rental App | Non-India Related Domains 1
DomainFQ.com PrivatePropertyApp.com|Private Property App| Non-India Related Domains 3
DomainFQ.com PropertyMarket.App @ GodaddyAucton External Auctions 0
anquest Google's .APP @ 155,469 DN Regs, Continues Spectacular Climb, Reaches RANK 28 (amg. 'NEW TLDs' only) New GTLDs 1
anquest .APP Shoots Up to 90,353 DN Regs/RANK 40 (amg. 'NEW TLDs'), UP 78.2K DN Regs (In Less than 14 hours) New GTLDs 0
anquest Google's .APP Drops to $19.99 (~INR 1,340)/DN/Year @ 9:30 pm IST / 12 noon US EDT Today (Tue, May 8) New GTLDs 0
anquest Google's .APP@2,361 DN Regstns; AMAZON'S .BOT@1,484 Regs; TM Hldrs. May Reg .APP DNs @$29.99/DN/Year New GTLDs 0
JulienJ .App domains are off to a strong start with brands New GTLDs 0
anquest .app 'SUNRISE' Opens this Thu (Mar 29) / .APP is Owned/Operated By 'Google Registry' / AlphaBET Inc. New GTLDs 1
JulienJ .App domains are coming: Q&A with Google New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Google’s $25 million .app domain finally has a launch date New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Top Food Takeout App in China works on a .ME Webmaster Forum 0
JulienJ GoDaddy has no Android App and people on Google Play think the “GoDaddy Investor” app is fake! The Lounge 0
JulienJ Sedo releases two weeks of sales and App.net leads the way Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ $357k in Sales on December 14th – App.net sold for $70,000 Non-Indian Domains 0
H How to create implement payment on my IOS App Development Options 2
Charan Raj Here’s how Snapdeal will make it really hard for users to leave its app Indian Websites and Start-ups 1
domainking131 Infosys co-founders invest in emergency response app MUrgency The Lounge 0
domainking131 The future of Indian e-commerce lies on the app route The Lounge 0
anquest APP Developer STARTUP Hub Launched in Bangalore | 'MOBILE10X' Founding Partners incl: GOOGLE / PayTM Business and Economy 0