Rehiring issues.

sanju123

Will you hire the person who had once left your company for some other job? He comes back to you claiming to have gained more experience and skills... would you welcome him with open arms or show him the door?

Ceres

If the ex-employee left under good circumstances, then I think it's okay for the employer to consider rehiring them.

However, if the person left under bad circumstances, the employer should show them the door! :eek:

As for me, I've always been a bit funny about the thought of returning to an old job as I see it as a step backwards. But hey that's just me...

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Agree with Ceres - it depends on the circumstances of parting - the big plus is that they know everything already and you know how good they are and what they are like.

Mei

Will you hire the person who had once left your company for some other job? He comes back to you claiming to have gained more experience and skills... would you welcome him with open arms or show him the door?

i will. maybe he/she just wanted to gain more experience that is why he/she resigned and accepted another job. but still, he/she decided to come back to show that he is more experienced now. i think that you should be more proud.

sanju123

Yes this all depends on the rapport with the person who quitted...the basic idea of leaving the job is an important issue.If the person is worth your faith and trust then there is no denying the person who has approached you again.

jenstot

If I were an employer, I would re-hire a person who had been an asset to my company, but otherwise I would not think twice and show him/her the door. Like ceres, I don't see myself returning to a job I've left. If I were to leave a job, it would be to look for a job that is more challenging, so going back to a previous job would be a step backward.:)

sanju123

Firstly I am not talking about the previous job but the previous company and further I would accept a person if he/she is willing to work harder.It is not the person who deceives you but it is the circumstances which may have forced him/her to desert the company.

Mei

Yes this all depends on the rapport with the person who quitted...the basic idea of leaving the job is an important issue.If the person is worth your faith and trust then there is no denying the person who has approached you again.

i agree. and if the person is really qualified and that you think is a hardworking person and can be a big help to the company, then why not take him/her back. right?