Registry Operator for .IN

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Who will man the back-office for India’s .IN internet registry? Right now, it is a battle between two global operators, and the jury’s still out on who will bag the deal.

Will it be Afilias, which has been managing the .IN registry since 2005, or Neustar, who may have emerged the lowest bidder? Afilias’ contract expires later this year.

“Neustar is the lowest bidder, but the contract is not yet finalised. There is a committee which is looking into the technical aspects of the bid,” said a senior official at the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI), which floated the tender.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...tors-vie-for-an-india-job/article24556014.ece

The article does not say, but makes it sounds like it will happen in the next few days.

I heard that Neustar was in, but have not seen a formal announcement.

Looks like the battle is still ongoing -

Neustar lacks capability to manage .IN registry, alleges rival Afilias:

The battle between Afilias and Neustar to win the mandate for managing India’s .IN registry has intensified with the former alleging that the latter does not have the capability to do the job.

In a letter to the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Afilias has said that Neustar did not have capability to offer domain names in 22 Indian regional languages at the time of bidding for the contract and therefore is not eligible.

Afilias has been managing the .IN registry since 2005 but now faces the prospect of losing the business as rival Neustar has emerged the lowest bidder for the contract floated by the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI). Neustar is a global player and manages several top-level domain registries including .US but experts are wary about the cost of transition if NIXI replaces Afilias.

Now they are in court -

The battle between Afilias and Neustar to win the mandate for managing India’s .IN registry has taken a legal turn with the former filing a plea in the Delhi High Court seeking a stay on the proceedings for awarding the contract.

In its petition, Afilias has said that Neustar’s should be declared ineligible to bid for the project as it did not have capabilities to manage the .IN registry. Afilias has also urged the court to restrain the Centre from awarding the contract to Neustar without going into the eligibility criteria.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...squalification-of-neustar/article24786936.ece

Transition to Neustar..... Since no stay was granted ...A formal announcement went out to all Registrars and it transition process has begun and should be completed by year end. RIP Affilias ...hope for a brighter day for dot IN support.

Transition to Neustar..... Since no stay was granted ...A formal announcement went out to all Registrars and it transition process has begun and should be completed by year end. RIP Affilias ...hope for a brighter day for dot IN support.
Yea, i dont have any issues with Afilias, but something tells me this change will help .IN as a whole. I hope i'm right.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom