registering a website

IT.com

newbiedomainer

What are the ways to register a website(not domain registration) and copyright it.
To prevent someone from registering other extensions of my website.

Are you talking about registering your domain as a trademark? If so, you can register a trademark to be used in association with the product and/or service that you are offering.

REMEDIES FOR INFRINGEMENT OF TRADEMARK IN INDIA AND PASSING-OFF

Two types of remedies are available to the owner of a trademark for unauthorized use of his or her mark or its imitation by a third party. These remedies are:

* an action for infringement' in case of a registered trademark; and
* an action for passing off' in the case of an unregistered trademark

Source: How to Register Trade mark in India? How to File Trademarks Applications in India? How to Challenge Trademark Registration in India?

Note that there are limitations to a trade-mark's protection. Under special circumstances, two identical or similar domain names can co-exist. One example is if they operate in different channels of trade, there is no evidence of bad faith etc.

I'm not an expert in this area, so I recommend you consult with a trademark lawyer if you are interested in registering a trademark.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom