Recent INDRP dispute decisions

IT.com

Ceres

In three recent INDRP cases, the Tribunal order that the Indian domain name in dispute be handed over to the complainants:

Orkut.in ordered to be transferred to Google Inc., who own the ORKUT mark.

Ballantines.in ordered to be transferred to beverage company Allied Domecq, who own the trademark BALLANTINES.

Acomplia.in
ordered to be handed over to pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis, who own the trademark ACOMPLIA.

In all three cases, none of the respondents filed a response to the complaint. The Tribunal found that in each case, the domain was registered and used in bad faith.

http://www.inregistry.in/policies/dispute_resolution/dispute_decisions/

Yet another interesting read from you, Ceres. I've taken a look at some of the documentation that you've linked, it is interesting to read about the different decisions that have been made, why they have been made, and they just generally give me a better understanding of the legal aspects of domain ownership. Thanks for posting! :)

Yet another interesting read from you, Ceres. I've taken a look at some of the documentation that you've linked, it is interesting to read about the different decisions that have been made, why they have been made, and they just generally give me a better understanding of the legal aspects of domain ownership. Thanks for posting! :)

You're very welcome! I am learning so much myself these days. The more we learn, hopefully the less mistakes we make as we go along. :)

You're very welcome! I am learning so much myself these days. The more we learn, hopefully the less mistakes we make as we go along. :)

Indeed; I am in the same situation here, still constantly learning about Indian domains and how people go about marketing them, the legalities of them, and the same goes for other domain types as well! The whole field really interests me and the different methods of marketing them are constantly changing; it can be very confusing to keep up with all of that and then the legalities of ownership of the domains as well. :eek:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom