Reading reviews

IT.com

marsh

How accurate and/or reliable are online reviews when looking for a hosting provider? When I chose my first ever web host, I mostly relied on what other people were saying. I suppose that consumers can never give false reviews, right?

I would take into consideration the type of site being hosted and whether it is relevant to what I want to host.I want a host who has experience in what I want to put up.

I wouldn't read reviews for something like that. I would look at how long a hosting service is employed by a site and how secure and functional that site is. I don't want to read what people say about the service, I want to see what that service actually does.

I agree with Connected. I don't always trust the reviews online because sometimes they can be made up and not really reflect the true nature of the company's service standards.

Reviews online or any kind of social proof are rarely ever reliable these days seeing as it's so easy to forge or buy those reviews. I think your best bet would be to get your recommendation from someone that you know and trust.

If you distrust official reviews, then you can always go to some major hosting or webmaster forum and simply see what actual buyers have to say about certain hosting. Of course, it might be possible to bribe a few of them to be biased, but I don't think most of the people there are bribed. Oh, by the way, you can also go on forums to check out the outages of major hosting companies. If you see a lot of problems, then it could be a warning.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom