IT.com
Hi,

It would be great to share the following info:

how many indian domains you own:
if you actively market them (e.g. on Sedo/inforum) where do you do it:
how many realistic offers on your indian domains do you get per year:

I will start:

how many indian domains you own: 600
if you actively market them (e.g. on Sedo/inforum) where do you do it: no active marketing
how many realistic offers on your indian domains do you get per year: 2

Hopefully other people will respond and we can all get a better idea of the amount of interest we should expect to receive for our domains

220 Indian domains. do not market them anywhere.

not many offers on indian domains . approx 21 unique domains were offered in 2011, 6 conversions.

500+ dropped in last 6 months ;)

ecomindia - 6 conversions from 220 domains is not bad, 2.5% annual conversion with no marketing!

What do you mean by 500+ dropped in last 6 months? As in, you have dropped them, or what?

yes, released them.. few famous drops includes exclusively . in, generate . in etc.

sometimes, its better to release then to glue to them. sentiments are expensive..

Nice idea!

Number of domains : About 200 and growing (50/50 split of .in and .co.in).

Marketing : Most of them are listed at sedo and I sell/advertise on here and namepros.

Offers : No noteworthy ones yet (obviously a few annoying $60 ones on sedo for premium names) but have only been investing in the Indian domain marketplace for around 5 months so I am still optimistic I will turn a good profit in the years that follow.

I am newbie to Domaining
- I own only 6 In Domains
- I have developed 1. Done nothing with rest 5
- No offers yet
Praying and wishing to perform my fist sales soon within 1 month... Thats my target..

i sometime back in 2008 bought 400 lll .co.ins... and trust me, i dropped 100% of them. domain is something that although it is not my bread & butter (as of now), but it is like mafia wars game. once you are into it, you are into it.

You should have a purpose to register a domain (and i mean , every domain).
you should have a model to earn BEP atleast + profit for the domain
like any business concept, you should know "exit" process for each of your domain.
exit process differs for each of your domain, so understand and accept it.

i have a thread for purchasing indian cctlds, but trust me, the quality of the domains and the price to it are just - mismatch.

and remember, your parking and ad generation will not give you much as these models are based of US & europe with very less, to the indian cctld and indian based owner (both of these parameters).

.ca, .de are always hot market for cctld and we are just struggling with .ins.
i have recently although dropped huge #s, but have purchased 3-4 premium domains below $500 each.

and one more thing before i end... lets accept that indian domainers do not share the trade wits and tricks on public platform and that beats us overall.

the best practice to achieve success is to start sharing the thoughts, making the competition and generating / monetizing out of it.. very much like realestate industry

hope my thoughts are accepted and least criticized .. thanks

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom