Question about WHOIS Info

IT.com
While registering domains for my portfolio, I have found quite a few .in domains whose 'WHOIS' info shows addresses in Germany.

photograph.in gets connected to a German website. Would like to know if there is any reason other than single .in premium names can be acquired for a nominal price?

Thanks.

There is no restriction as yet to register .IN with address in India - thus domainers and lot many folks (including Indians abroad) have registered .IN domains.

I am confused by your question though .. if you could please rephrase what exactly are you looking for..

While registering domains for my portfolio, I have found quite a few .in domains whose 'WHOIS' info shows addresses in Germany.

photograph.in gets connected to a German website. Would like to know if there is any reason other than single .in premium names can be acquired for a nominal price?

Thanks.

Many people from different countries viewed .co.in / .in as prime investment potential and accordingly whois will show a very diverse holding by country.

Many astute domainers in Germany and one of the best .in portfolios was/is held by a German who unfortunately lost some premium domains back to registry and some dodgy "hijacking".

Germany has one of the best developed and most professional domain markets worldwide (right after the US, I would say.) So, when the landrush phase of the ".in" started some years ago, many domainers over here saw an opportunity in this TLD and registered many of them. That's the reason, why you sometimes find a German owner on the "whois-record".

Thanks very much pubdomains.in, wot and nitro. Truly appreciate your replies for my query.

I am aware, pubdomains.in, that there are no restrictions to register .in domains with addresses in India only. To rephrase my question, what I intended to ask was, ?Back in the year 2005 ? 2006, apart from the fact that single word .in domains could be obtained for a nominal price, was there any other reason why .in domains were more sought after by domainers outside India??

It?s pretty interesting to know from wot about one particular professional and astute domainer in Germany who held one of the best .in portfolios (unfortunate though that some premium ones were lost).

While pubdomains.in and wot's valuable replies answers one part of my query, nitro?s revert that it was because more domainers from Germany saw a (relatively) bigger opportunity in .in (may be as pioneers) than those elsewhere; does answer the remaining part.

Many thanks, again, to all of you.

Cheers!

INForum's stats consistently show that between 5% and 10% of our traffic is from Germany. That's 3rd, after India and the US.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom