Purchasing a parked domain name

IT.com

tulip

I guess all of us, at some point, have thought of or considered buying a parked domain name. Just as is common with doing something for the first time, mistakes can be made. What are some of the most common dos and don'ts?

First and foremost, make sure the domain hasn't been used for sending out spam emails. Parked domains are just like developed domains except they do not have any real content. But email addresses can still be setup. If the parked domain has been used for spamming it may be banned on Google and/or other search engines. That can be a headache if you purchase the domain to develop. That has happened to me twice before I learned to check.

I think freshly parked domains are worth buying. Anything over 1 year is not worth it. Because domain may have name value but keeping it dormant doesn't add up much value. So one has to see how the purchase of such domain helps. I think many domains are unused for the same reason like this.

I agree with @JackD that you need to do a thorough research, so as to avoid buying parked domains which may have been previously banned by Google. I believe that it is better to carry out due diligence rather than try to salvage a complex situation.

I'd always check what was at the domain before it was parked. Some sites have a history you don't want to get involved with. Archive.org is really useful for that.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom