punished by spammers D'Oh!

IT.com

mrchris

not sure if anyone here is operating a 'url shrinking' service but i thought i would see and give a 'heads up' seeing ive just had 3 sites 'blacklisted / suspended' due to some spammers abusing the service.

i know these type of sites do come at a risk but ive had them running for 2 years without a problem until this week.

if you are running this type of service? try and validate the links against the 'anti-spam' DB before you allow them to become available through on your site(s) as this will save on unwanted emails.

I am new to this problem and could not understood what you want to suggest. Please explain it in detail.

thank you

with url shrinking services it basically re-writes the link to something like 'yourdomain.com/fgdtgd' rather then 'spam.com/morespam.html' its good for places like twitter & youtube with t.co / youtu.be.
it opens up the door to be abused which is what happened and had 2 sites 'blacklisted' and there my host closed the accounts given they were on a shared hosting server which affected their i.p address.
miniurl.in / mini-url.in

it was an obvious outcome........maybe a 'heads-uo' for others running such services.

oh.. it means peopel use the servics like tinyurl.com to rewrite the original url of their Spam site and then post it to other sites.

Reaalyy this is some thing new i am coming across.Due to the increase in the use of internet, daily new types of problem are coming.Thanks for sharing the info.We should be aware of this type of facts.

I had a similar issue 3 years back with SPAMMERS. I just shutdown the site, because i did not want to deal with hassles.

I would suggest you to discuss this issue with your web hosting provider and ask them to block these spammers from visiting your website.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom