Public grievances.

sanju123

If your boss assigns you to deal with public grievances, it is going to be tough job. The most tip that has to be taken care of is that listen to the client with all patience even an apology should come after the complaint is over.I think it is quite true...this happens with me to. My outburst has to finish only then something from the other person.

Ceres

Yes, it's never a nice job but some poor soul has to deal with such public grievances. ;)

I'd listen to the complaint, apologise that they are upset by it, and try to come up with some kind of resolution.

A long time ago, I worked at a restaurant. If a customer complained about something, we were told to apologise, offer a free dessert or not charge them for the meal/part of the meal. The restaurant would write it off as a public relations expense. Hopefully, the customer would return to the restaurant on another occasion.

sanju123

I wish I visited such a place where expenses could be waived off over a complaint- a free dessert would taste lovely and above all if everything goes free nothing like it.

Ceres

My guess is that the restaurant thought too many unhappy customers would lead to business declining!

I am sure many businesses do this kind of thing. For example, just the other day I went to the cinema with my son and we were given free cinema tickets for our next movie. This was because the self-service ticket machine was faulty and there were long queues. Most people stopped complaining once they knew they would receive the free cinema passes.

sanju123

Ceres this is true restaurants and hotel industry get bad name if lot of complaints are there.This all leads to down fall of the setup.

ctaylor52

So, actually you are in customer service. I have had jobs in that field, and it is a very disagreeable profession. To listen to other peoples grievances for seven hours a day. Unless you really love helping people it can become unbearable.

Ceres

So, actually you are in customer service. I have had jobs in that field, and it is a very disagreeable profession. To listen to other peoples grievances for seven hours a day. Unless you really love helping people it can become unbearable.

That's not the kind of job I'd enjoy doing on a full-time basis. Doing that seven days a week, you would come across a lot of negative emotions which can be very draining.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Digital Pandit DigitalOcean files for public listing Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Post the sale of its public DNS business to Neustar, Verisign increases focus on .com Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Andrew Allemann on the proper way to make your Whois info public at GoDaddy Resources 0
Digital Pandit ICANN is saving millions due to the coronavirus-related shift to online-only public meetings Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Public Interest Registry reveals that dotOrg had $95M revenues last year Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ICANN69 will be a virtual public meeting Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Verisign, Public Interest Registry and Neustar will take down opioid domains for US govt Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ICANN bows to public pressure: Rejects $1.13 billion .org buyout Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Free domains registrar gets fourth public breach of contract notice from ICANN Registrars 0
Digital Pandit GoDaddy is going to remove Public Whois Information Registrars 0
Digital Pandit ICANN’s next public meeting might be cancelled due to Coronavirus threat Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Ethos Capital wants to keep Public Interest Registry for a while Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Non-profits to hold public web conference with Ethos execs Registrars 0
Digital Pandit The unsettling controversy behind Public Interest Registry(.Org) sale Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Digital Pandit After .org price outrage, ICANN tell it has not done away with public comments Registrars 0
A GoDaddy Public Auctions (No Reserve Auctions) External Auctions 0
Digital Pandit Uniregistry’s top 20 public domain sales last month Resources 0
Digital Pandit Laurie Tarpey is the new CFO of Public Interest Registry Registrars 0
Digital Pandit Public Interest Registry (PIR) today released .Org 2018 registry report Registrars 0
JulienJ Removing WhoIs Data from Public View Only Removes Transparency from the Net The Lounge 0
domainking131 eName is now a public company The Lounge 0
domainking131 'Panama Papers' to go public on May 9 The Lounge 0
domainking131 eName announces Initial Public Offering Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 NameJet and Domain Holdings Offer Rare 27.com Domain Name in Public Auction Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Before he created billions in shareholder value, he had to master public speaking The Lounge 0
domainking131 GoDaddy going public! What would be the effect on domainers? Non-Indian Domains 1
CyberKing BitTorrent opens Bleep alpha to the public (they dont own the dot com !) The Lounge 0
K Lotteries.net in Godaddy public auctions External Auctions 0
K ideas.info in Godaddy public auctions External Auctions 0
DomainSherpa How Examine.com Is Collating Scientific Research for Public Consumption The Lounge 0
K Graphics.info in Godaddy public auction External Auctions 0
K Americans.info in Godaddy public auction External Auctions 3
K LED.info in Godaddy public auction External Auctions 0
K Football.biz in Godaddy public auction External Auctions 0
K Find.info in Godaddy public auction External Auctions 1
K Movies.biz in Godaddy public auction External Auctions 0
R ..IN framework for .Bharat in Devanagari script for public comments Indian IDNs 0
K Christians.info -In public auction at Godaddy External Auctions 1
N Chinese TradeMark .CN Domain Names Available to PUBLIC now Non-India Related Domains 0
K Lottery.info - Rare Premium Gambling Domain gTLD in public auction External Auctions 1
K 6g.org in godaddy public auction, no reserve External Auctions 1
K o7.org in godaddy public auction External Auctions 1
K ideas.info - in public auction External Auctions 0
mrchris nice .co.uk still avail to the general public General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
DNJournal.com Public Six-Figure Sales Absent This Week But Solid Five-Figure Sales Still Abundant Non-Indian Domains 0
C My PUBLIC WILL The Lounge 1
G IRCR.com is public auction on Sedo External Auctions 0
PatrickDey Putty.in on Public Auction at Sedo! For Sale 0
C When will the domain go for public registration again? Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 8