Privacy and data collection

IT.com

marsh

Marketing is very beneficial but I have recently heard that there several legal issues anyone needs to be aware of before sending marketing emails or messages. You actually need to collect the contact information of customers and/or potential customers. Does this mean that you're not supposed to contact someone without their consent?

I think that it means you are not to contact them several times. After I find the contact information and/or emails of potential buyers, compose my email or what I will say when calling, I always end the email or conversation with "This is a one time email/contact. I will not contact you again". Spamming is when you do it over and over to someone who is not interested

does this mean that you're not supposed to contact someone without their consent?
Wouldn't you actually have to contact them to get their consent?

Most places like double opt-in, so you ask them to sign up on your site, then they get an email asking them to confirm sign up and then you're free to contact them. Mailchimp handles this for you, which makes it easy.

Most places like double opt-in, so you ask them to sign up on your site, then they get an email asking them to confirm sign up and then you're free to contact them. Mailchimp handles this for you, which makes it easy.
Yes this is very true. I prefer it when you are subscribing to a newsletter or anything like that by your own volition. At the same time, this makes it easy for you to opt out by unsubscribing.

There are a lot of laws about emailing. The best known is the US Can-Spam act, and with so many customers on US email providers on US servers it's useful to know it. Mailchimp has a handy index of the various international laws if you go to their guidelines and scroll down to "International Requirements By Country". Mailchimp Guidelines

Yes, you aren't supposed to contact them severally because that will actually be a breach of their privacy. I actually believe that the consumer is protected in almost everything that happens around us.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom