Premium domains

IT.com

marsh

I've come across the term 'premium' being used in domain auction and/or selling sites. What does this mean and is there a chance that at times, this may not be the case with the domains in question? Is it a misused term?

I think it depends on what you come across. In most cases, premium means that it's a better deal or has a better package. I think it really depends on what you are looking at.

From my understanding, a premium domain is one that's been previously registered but is now back to the market for resale. Any such domain can easily command $100,000 and I think at times people love to use it in an attempt to sell a domain at a higher price.

I think that a premium domain is one that has a high dollar value. Just like an automobile, you can buy a car but you can also buy a luxury car for much more. The problem arises when there is not a fool proof method of setting the value of a domain. So the word "premium domain" has lost all relevance for me. It is used now by anyone who wants to try and sell their $xx domain for $xx,xxx

I think that a premium domain is one that has a high dollar value. Just like an automobile, you can buy a car but you can also buy a luxury car for much more. The problem arises when there is not a fool proof method of setting the value of a domain. So the word "premium domain" has lost all relevance for me. It is used now by anyone who wants to try and sell their $xx domain for $xx,xxx
I agree with you @JackD that people seem to have misused this term thus rendering it almost obsolete. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard of people that have been duped into spending a lot more on a domain name.

You're right, it has lost all of its relevance, considering that it seems to be attached to almost every domain these days with no way to really verify if it's true.

Having said all this, I think it is important for anyone looking to purchase a domain to ensure that due diligence is exercised. It is just akin to buying a property; you always want to ensure that you are treading carefully and not rushing.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom