Power outage or internet downtime?

IT.com

ritchie

I can't tell you how full of rage I normally am whenever there is either of these two. If you were to choose, which one would you settle on? I'd rather have an internet downtime as opposed to a power outage since I can always watch a movie instead. I just find it to be extremely annoying when you are busy on the internet, then it disappears.

Neither! I even have a backup ISP set up, and the address of three wi-fi points that I know use different networks in case mine goes down (no I'm not hooked on the web). If I had to have one it would be an ISP outage as I know I can handle that.

Neither! I even have a backup ISP set up, and the address of three wi-fi points that I know use different networks in case mine goes down (no I'm not hooked on the web).

One persons addiction is another persons obsession? You go to great lengths to make sure you stay online.

But.......how exactly does a person get an ISP as a back-up?

Neither! I even have a backup ISP set up, and the address of three wi-fi points that I know use different networks in case mine goes down (no I'm not hooked on the web). If I had to have one it would be an ISP outage as I know I can handle that.
This is a brilliant idea that I have never, even for a second, thought of. I am so hooked to the internet. I'd like to know how to set up a backup ISP.

I just realized from your post that I don't have to suffer every time the internet goes. I didn't even know that was possible. So if I had to choose now, I would also choose to have power cos I can take care of the internet, too. (As soon as Mallard shows me how to do it...)

We set up cable from one provider, but there was a legacy phone cable from another network available when we moved in. We turned it on as a phone cable and use a dial-up ISP across it as a backup when we have to. The bad side is you have to set the browsers to mobile mode, and forget video! The good side is it is much cheaper than tethering a mobile!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom