Power outage or internet downtime?

ritchie

I can't tell you how full of rage I normally am whenever there is either of these two. If you were to choose, which one would you settle on? I'd rather have an internet downtime as opposed to a power outage since I can always watch a movie instead. I just find it to be extremely annoying when you are busy on the internet, then it disappears.

Mallard

Neither! I even have a backup ISP set up, and the address of three wi-fi points that I know use different networks in case mine goes down (no I'm not hooked on the web). If I had to have one it would be an ISP outage as I know I can handle that.

Connected

Neither! I even have a backup ISP set up, and the address of three wi-fi points that I know use different networks in case mine goes down (no I'm not hooked on the web).

One persons addiction is another persons obsession? You go to great lengths to make sure you stay online.

But.......how exactly does a person get an ISP as a back-up?

marsh

Neither! I even have a backup ISP set up, and the address of three wi-fi points that I know use different networks in case mine goes down (no I'm not hooked on the web). If I had to have one it would be an ISP outage as I know I can handle that.
This is a brilliant idea that I have never, even for a second, thought of. I am so hooked to the internet. I'd like to know how to set up a backup ISP.

Britney

I just realized from your post that I don't have to suffer every time the internet goes. I didn't even know that was possible. So if I had to choose now, I would also choose to have power cos I can take care of the internet, too. (As soon as Mallard shows me how to do it...)

Mallard

We set up cable from one provider, but there was a legacy phone cable from another network available when we moved in. We turned it on as a phone cable and use a dial-up ISP across it as a backup when we have to. The bad side is you have to set the browsers to mobile mode, and forget video! The good side is it is much cheaper than tethering a mobile!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H The Power of Prior Knowledge - Twister social media website - @Gold username for sale Webmaster Forum 1
Prashant Sharan .ORG is growing in power - GrowingPower.org sold for $45,999 at SnapNames Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com .ORG Demonstrates Growing Power - Tops This Week's Sales Chart with $45,999 Sale at SnapNames The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Michael Gilmour's thoughts on the power of Gossip in the industry Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The power of domaining: Mike Mann spent $20 bucks and makes almost forty grands Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The power of "No" in domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan “Fake domain WHOIS” claims power MPA piracy cases in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Foroux Which altcoins do you believe have staying power? Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 The Extreme Power Of Generic Domain Names Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Jet.com - The Power of Premium Domain Positioning General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
anquest City.TIPS Sells For €8.5K ​(appx. US$9,010​) ​Power.FINANCIAL For $3K, The DNJ TOP 20 New GTLDs 0
anquest POWER.com Sells For Nearly $1.3 Million | Ron Jackson | DN Journal Non-Indian Domains 0
G The Power Of Domain Parking Parking 9
the_poet BuyDomains – Blocked in India, among power outages General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
ebiz4india The Power of Belief will Destroy all your Myths - Believe me. The Lounge 0
Ceres Internet Outage in India & other countries The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan i2Coalition + The Domain Name Association = Powerful Internet Infrastructure Advocacy Group Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Namshop, the applicant for .idn , is again applying to ICANN for a newgTLD .internet ; a space for IGOs,NGOs Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Ryan Estrada on how his 9-part drama podcast Big Data about stealing the keys to the internet came together Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Internet now has 366 M domain names in Q1 2020 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Internet Commerce Association introduces a more affordable membership option at half the price Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign 2019 Q4 report: Internet grows to 362.3 million domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Domain preference of top 100 internet companies in China Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN Board interrogates Internet Society over .Org deal Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Q&A with Ethos, Internet Society and PIR Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Can Internet Society's claim about .org’s history be bogus? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan CentralNic acquires Team Internet AG for $48 million Business and Economy 0
Prashant Sharan CentralNic to acquire Team Internet AG Business and Economy 0
Prashant Sharan The Canadian International Internet Dispute Resolution Centre enters the world of UDRP. Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Brian Norgard's Musings: Premium Domain Names are “Internet beachfront property” Resources 0
Jeff Neustar aims to democratise the Internet General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
CyberKing The curious case of Internet.IN from 2011 Legal Issues and Dispute 0
CyberKing India's Internet Speed Test - 100 Gbps by 2019 Business and Economy 0
JulienJ Bitcoin-Only Charity Fund Donates $1 Mln To Internet Archive Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 Up to 20 million people could get broken internet in domain security rollover The Lounge 0
A The internet is now 32 years old, and still growing! Business and Economy 3
A Has the increased internet speed in India affected possible growth? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund Cofounder Matthew Goetz Compares Bitcoin to the Internet in the 1990s Cryptocurrencies 0
A New technology for India and the internet General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
domainking131 Elon Musk tweets about X.com and the Internet loses it’s mind Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 The Pricing of Internet Domain Names Looks Kind of Random Non-Indian Domains 5
Dhaval Raja Biggest Astrology Domain Portfolio On The Internet - ZodiacSigns.com, AstrologyCompatibility.com etc Non-India Related Domains 0
prasanna kumar The Internet Era and Teenagers The Lounge 9
anquest India TOPS 462 Million Internet USERS / UP 30.5% Year-on-Year / HIGHEST Growth Rate Worldwide General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
ritchie How the internet affects economic growth Business and Economy 7
domainking131 Internet Grows to 334.6 Million Domain Name Registrations in the Second Quarter of 2016 Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Verisign: Internet Grows to 326.4 Million Domain Names in the First Quarter of 2016 Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Indian Internet Startups Face Money Crunch Business and Economy 0
domainking131 Facebook hires Google Fibre co-founder for Internet projects The Lounge 0
domainking131 Video will be 75 per cent of India’s internet traffic in 2020: Study Business and Economy 7