Portfolio of over 1000 names

IT.com

indiandomain1729

have about 1000 names similar to the ones below, for new delhi, mumbai, bangalore, kolkata and chennai; how much do you think a portfolio of this type would fetch, with these types of names? what do the names below look like, from a value standpoint? we got a bid of about $600 for newdelhishoes, but just beginning the buyer-search process; very interested in feedback:

newdelhiautostores.com
newdelhifastfood.com
newdelhiaccountants.com
newdelhiarts.com
newdelhicars.com
newdelhicellularphones.com
newdelhichaat.com
newdelhiclothing.com
newdelhicomputers.com
newdelhidairy.com
newdelhidvds.com
newdelhifurniture.com
newdelhigyms.com
newdelhishoes.com
newdelhiwatches.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi indiandomain1729 and welcome to INForum!

Those are good names with an obvious commercial use.

Some of them are obviously going to be worth more than others just because of the product or service involved - e.g. NewDelhiComputers.com is going to be worth more than NewDelhiDairy.com.

Also, some of the domains are more suited for a directory type of domain - such as NewDelhiAutoStores.com - I don't think that would command as high a price as NewDelhiAutos.com.

I think if you are approached by someone looking to buy one of these domains, for many of the betters ones it would make sense to pitch the domain at low $x,xxx.

I think that if you just held onto all of these domains, you'd probably gradually sell many of them off at 4 figure prices to endusers.

However, if you are looking to sell them to domainers, particularly in a bulk sale, I don't think you are going to get much above registration fee, just because these domains are so specific. Any buyer is going to need to take into account the probability that an end user will want the domain - which is low because of how specfic the domains are.

Also, a lot of domainers would prefer to buy one 5-figure domain rather than a collection like this, just because the one domain has much lower carrying costs (renewal fees) and is much more liquid.

Your best best is probably actively marketing these domains to end users on an individual basis.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom