Pop-up Ads

IT.com

Ceres

When you are developing a site, one of the things you consider is advertising. Many decide to install pop-up ads on their websites.

DailyBlogTips conducted a poll asking if one pop-up offering you a newsletter subscription would be enough to make you stop visiting that website?

The results were interesting:

As you can see 64% (or 101 people) answered “no,” meaning that a pop-up would not make them stop visiting a website. On the other side 36% (or 57 people) answered “yes,” meaning that a pop-up would make them stop visiting the website.

I find pop-ups annoying. If it's a new site I'm visiting, I'm likely to leave the site. However, if it's a site that I visit frequently and I know it offers quality content, then I'd probably close the annoying pop-up and stay on the site.

So, how about you? Would you stop visiting a website if it had a pop-up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate pop-ups specially when I am searching the net and they keep on pooping out I would close the site at once. For me having those kind of crappy/annoying pop-outs make the site also crappy at the same time specially those pop-outs that say "You have won $1.000.000 click me for details" blah blah blah .:D

It's because high-profile bloggers like Darren Rowse, John Chow and Shoemoney are currently using them on their sites that pop-ups are a hot topic right now.

Unfortunately, many other bloggers are now copying them.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom