Pool.com stole my backorder of www.with.ca

IT.com

cooldoc

Hi,

Today at january -06-2010 at 2:00 PM Eastern time I backordered with.ca

The pool.com allows to backorder until 3:00PM eastern standard time.

And it showed that they accepted my backorder and the backorder capture in progress was also shown after wards.

But than at arounf 5:30 pm Eastern time, NY I am seeing that with.ca is not in my sucessful backorder with pool or other companies I had backordered.
Because I had backordered at pool,snapnames and dropping.ca
I grew suspicious
So than I looked at who is info of with.ca

Than I looked at whois information of with.ca

And this is what I saw

WHOIS Lookup for with.ca Domain name: with.ca Domain status: EXIST Domain number: 3215547 Approval
: 2010/01/06 Renewal date: 2011/01/06 Updated date: 2010/01/06 Registrar: Name: PrimeRegistrar.ca Inc. Number: 2011038 Registrant: Name: Pool.com Inc. Number: 3186237 Description:

This domain was registered using the Pool.com backorder service. For more information please visit Welcome to Pool.com

Administrative contact: Name: Richard Schreier Job Title: Postal address: 26 Auriga Drive, Suite 35886 Ottawa ON K2E 8B7 Canada Phone: (613) 221-1210 : Email: pool-schreier-35886@caregistrations.pool.com

Technical contact: Name: Richard Schreier Job Title: Postal address: 26 Auriga Drive, Suite 35886 Ottawa ON K2E 8B7 Canada Phone: (613) 221-1210 Fax: Email: pool-schreier-35886@caregistrations.pool.com Name servers: dns.pool.com dns2.pool.com % WHOIS look-up made at 2010-01-06 22:55:30 (GMT) % % Use of CIRA's WHOIS service is governed by the Terms of Use in its Legal % Notice, available at CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority - Website Terms of Use % % (c) 2007 Canadian Internet Authority, (CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority | ACEI - l'Autorité canadienne pour les enregistrements Internet)

This clearly shows that Pool.com employee has pocketed the backorder.

So beware.

If its a good domain and you are the only one who has backordered it.

the pool.com guys will not give it to you according to agreement.

But the pool employee will pocket it for himself.
Here are the tips for my Indian friends.
  1. If you backorder a day in advance these companies show your backorder in their first page and email it as hotlist to every one. So many people backorder it and you land up paying more.
  2. If you know a good domain name and its not in hotlist backorder it 1 to 2 hours before end of backorder time.
  3. I am planning a legal action against them,because I am at present in NY doing my Phd in Cancer genetics. Its nearby
  4. I know a very good backordering service, they charge Euro 120. ICANN-Registrar: Autorisierte Registrierung von Top Level Domains They charge only if the backorder is sucessful. And only one person who backordered it before capturing will get the domain. No hasseles of fake bidding.Let the Germans do it for you. At 120 Euro I managed to get a 3 Letter .net domain name and I sold it for $800 from them.
  5. I am attaching the snapshots of my backorder and whois info which I got from netfirms.ca about with.ca clearly showing pool.com employee has registered the domin in his name
  6. Because I went through whole list last night and picked up with.ca to be pocketed by pool.com employee
Ashish

Attachments

• BackOrders of with.ca.jpg
    BackOrders of with.ca.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6
  • BackOrders of with.ca.jpg
    BackOrders of with.ca.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6
  • whois info showing pocketing of domin by pool employee.jpg
    whois info showing pocketing of domin by pool employee.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3
  • whois info showing pocketing of domin by pool employee.jpg
    whois info showing pocketing of domin by pool employee.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ashish,

That whois information is just a Pool holding account. I'm pretty sure that the domain with.ca is currently on auction at Pool and once the auction is completed and paid for the domain will be transferred to the auction winner.

If you backordered the domain and are not in the auction, you should contact Pool to find out why not. I'm not sure what Pool's cut off time for ordering is, but the TBR starts at 2.00 pm Eastern, so if you ordered at 3.00 pm that may be why.

You're right about not back ordering in advance - you should generally back order in the last few minutes.

You'll need to back order .ca domains from CIRA approved registrars, not ICANN approved registrars. I personally recommend Dropping.ca, as I own part of it.

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for the response.
I had backordered at 2;00PM Eastern time.
And after wards it was showing Capture in progress, backorder cannot be deleted.
If the domain is at auction on pool I apologize and will delete all the posts.

cooldoc,

The domain auction for with.ca is complete and has been awarded to the winning bidder. But allow me to provide some additional explanation as to how the TBR (CA domains) drop works at Pool.com so you will understand that "Pool.com did not steal your backorder for with,.ca".

When we first capture a CA domain, we have to provide the registry (CIRA) with valid whois information (CA operates as a thick registry). All domains we capture are registered to me as a unique registrant because we do not know who the winner of an auciton will be until the auciton closes. We hold the domain in my name until the auction closes and the fees are paid at which point the domain is merged and transferred to the winning bidder. For with.ca, this process completed just recently.

In order to participate in any of our auctions, backorders must be received before the drop begins. I can't tell for sure in your case (I don't know who you are to investigate when your backorder was placed) but if you were not included in the auction it is likely because your backorder was too late.

If you want to get additional information or have further questions please feel free to contact me directly at richard@pool.com.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom