Pitching for local business

IT.com

Britney

Someone suggested to me that I should find local businesses near me which don't have websites and offer to create websites for them for an affordable price. I think it's a good idea for making a little bit of extra money on the side. How would you go about getting them to hire you?

Tough crowd.

Show them information on businesses that do not have a web presence versus those that do, and how those that do get more customers.

I like the idea. Promote the mom and pop stores and slowly push the big boys out of the way.

Right on, Connected. That's a great way to approach them by showing them why they need a website, rather than using the 'look at my skills and what I can do for you' approach. Someone once told me that people don't buy 6-inch drills because they want 6-inch drills, but rather that people buy 6-inch drills because they want 6-inch holes.

That is a really good analogy Geordy. It's not the product, but what the product can do for you.

I like the idea of promoting small businesses too. They are the backbone of economies regardless of the country.

True Geordy, first make them understand why the need a website then sell yourself after that. That's a brilliant analogy; in fact, I have never looked at it from this point of view. Spot on!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom