Penetration by Mobiles in India

IT.com
How relevant do you see developing websites in the futures (and also domaining) if mobile sites are going to be the choice of the savvy generation in India?

In that context, what is the role of .mobi domains - has domaining potential?

I'm not an exepert on this issue. I have read an article or two which claimed that people and businesses are bypassing .mobi and using other ways of appealing to the mobile phone market. I have one .mobi domain (civildisobedience.mobi) which is very spotty. Some days it gets a lot of hits, then it's quiet for a while.

One doesn't need .mobi to develop a mobile website. You can simply detect that the user is using a mobile device and serve up relevant pages or you can set up a mobile site at m.domain.com.

Also, with the advent of the iphone, eventually most or all phones will likely properly display regular web pages.

Yes, I think that you're right. I think that the price of an iphone in India is double or triple what it is in the US. Hopefully the price will come down over time.

Also, I'm sure over time there will be better and better alternatives.

mobiles have got very high scope in recent years, almost every people in metro cities have mobiles in thier hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
The percentage can increase still more as there is competitive price offers by many Indian online portals.

Thanks.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom