Pending INDRPs - Very Interesting

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
These PENDING INDRP cases among the lot are interesting to watch:

sidmallya.in (Assuming Vijay Mallya's son wants his name protected? - How are "quasi celebrity" names treated in India?)
silverdoor.in (It will be interesting to see why...if this ever gets awarded to complainant - SEE NO CAUSE)

The fate of these are probably sealed:

parajumpers.co.in
(parajumpers.in was just decided for complainant on Sep 1 - this case is key to pending TM's in INDIA)
reebok.in (The reebok.co.in version was just decided on Sep 15 in favor of complainant - RIGHTLY SO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Global brands file "valid" DRPs this round, no prizes for guessing who will be awarded the domains:

tatamotors.in15.09.2014Mr. Rajeev Singh Chauhan
wellsfargo.org.in16.09.2014Mr. Ranjan Narula
zanussi.in22.09.2014Mr. S. Sridharan
entrust.in30.09.2014Mr. Sanjay Kumar Singh
aon.in08.10.2014Mr. D. Saravanan
aon.co.in

Hoteltravel.in 18.11.2014 Dr.Sudhir Raja Ravindran
Easytobook.in
18.11.2014 Ms. Lucy Rana

Both of these GENERIC BRANDABLE NAMES are upcoming ...for a decision, scary if it is handed to the complainant, just because they say, own another extension - especially a dot com ...

Both of these GENERIC BRANDABLE NAMES are upcoming ...for a decision, scary if it is handed to the complainant, just because they say, own another extension - especially a dot com ...

I think HotelTravel INDRP might be brought over by MakeMyTrip. These guys registered .co.in on 19th Nov 2014. About 7+ years after .in was registered. I hope that the .in is not given to MMT.

Easytobook.in
18.11.2014 Ms. Lucy Rana

I think both INDRP may be from MakeMyTrip. If so, it may be a variation of reverse hijacking (At least, in the case of HotelTravel.in )

Make My Trip acquired HotelTravel.com in Nov 2012 and Easytobook.com group in Feb 2014
Makemytrip Ltd | Press Release
MakeMyTrip acquires HotelTravel.com for $25M | VCCircle

Whoa! The power of a community united! Crowd Sourcing...Loving this exchange and great find folks...definitely two worth watching...will keep you posted if I hear it first!

Cheers!

Both phrases have no trademarks registered in the Indian TM database + they are generic, as you pointed . I would be surprised if these domains were seized, but not such things happened in the past so you never know for sure.

These two new cases pending are really interesting - with what looks like genuine use - Zynga.in (Jan/2014) and EKO.in (2008), depending on who the complainant is and what the sequence of events/reg/first use/common law/TM etc. are decisions on these cases could be historic..

PS: My guess is Zynga (2007) the game developer for case #1 and EKO.CO.IN (2007) owners for case #2 or EKO X-Ray (1980) who own a com by the name EKOXRAY.com

These two new cases pending are really interesting - with what looks like genuine use - Zynga.in (Jan/2014) and EKO.in (2008, depending on who the complainant is and what the sequence of events/reg/first use/common law/TM etc. are decisions on these cases could be historic..

PS: My guess is Zynga (2007) the game developer for case #1 and EKO.CO.IN (2007) owners for case #2 or EKO X-Ray (1980) who own a com by the name EKOXRAY.com

Zynga is a done deal. Not too sure about eko.in , EKO.IN points to ekonet.com and is a developed site.

Zinga is not that straight forward - sounds like they have a legitimate zinc based product and " sounds like " not good enough...reason

Zinga is not that straight forward - sounds like they have a legitimate zinc based product and " sounds like " not good enough...reason

I think there might be some confusion, is it Zinga or Zynga which has been hit by INDRP?

eko.in has been lost by the owner in another controversial verdict.

I agree completely.

The decision can be found at:
https://registry.in/system/files/ekoin.pdf

Some very disturbing language in the INDRP, e.g. using a domain to redirect to another website is not legitimate use, in fact it is NO use. That means that Google is not using Google.in - as it is just redirecting to Google.co.in.

Some of the arguments were totally bizarre as Jeff pointed out. I think that the respondent tried to sell the name for $1,700 when hit with INDRP, which could have sealed the verdict. Also the Complainant was asked to pay $150 to the respondent for the domain name which the respondent paid for in acquiring the name,

The EasyToBook.in decision also came in - however in this case unlike on the co.in extension the respondent failed us miserably. But one key statement on page 7(see bottom) of that decision is a claim made by the complainant and is "damning" - The complainant also states that the respondents website is the preferred format of cyber squatters globally consisting merely of irrelevant and inactive links with no independent content...."

Make note domain investors, such poor decisions on generics and pathetic governance of this extension will continue to devalue this ccTLD and its growth will stagnate as it has lately.

Decision being handed out a full 60 days at the 11 th hour seems like common practice....pathetic.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom