Paypal and GST in India

IT.com
Wow, this is sure to harm freelancers who are already marginalized. And the 18% is on top of other Paypal fees, correct? I wonder how this will affect domainers and the buying up of .in domains.

I agree with you @Domainant since 18% is quite an exorbitant amount. I'm trying to open the link with little success but I guess I will get more insight after reading. Still, won't this discourage freelancers from using PayPal? What other payment methods are available?

It makes sense if it is on the fee charged by 5%. A fee of 18% on the entire amount would be ridiculous. I hope this won't put off freelancers.

This is crazy. A someone who feels that a fee or more than 5% is outrageous, I think that a fee of 18% is repulsive and off putting. I think this would drive a lot of business away from pay pal.

Indian Consumers are already paying 18% more towards Domain Registration, Hosting, etc. as GST. But If you are a registered dealer then you can claim this all fees back as an ITC.

And I think this 18% GST will be on Paypal Fees only. It can't be of the entire transaction amount and this is pretty common.

This is crazy. A someone who feels that a fee or more than 5% is outrageous, I think that a fee of 18% is repulsive and off putting. I think this would drive a lot of business away from pay pal.

Paypal can not do anything in this case, this step is taken by Govt. Of India and tax on cross border transactions was introduced while the era of Service tax Only. I think around in December 2016. This is applicable to all the operator around the globe to collect the tax from Indian Consumer. No Choice!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom