Parking earnings drop

IT.com

mukta

Domain Investor
Country flag
Hello,

in the last few weeks I've experienced a big drop (about 40-50%) in parking earnings from indian domains.

Now my average RPM is about 8/9 USD at voodoo.

Is there a better place (with better average RPM) where to park indian domains? Seems that the parking model does not work anymore, from 2007 my parking earnings dropped to 1/20 and in some months even 1/30.

Thanks for any advice

Regards

Even my parking revenue has reduced to a very great extent, hence developing/testing a parking alternative, which depends on the quality of the domain you have. I earn some money from the alternative, have to develop more websites. If you want to know more send a list of the domain names, will check if the monetization method which I use will be suitable. Are you planning to hold the domain names for a long period of time, or have purchased the domain for flipping,

I noticed RPC for Indian domains collapsed recently at Voodoo.

Recently i got alot of $0.01 clicks and a few clicks but no revenue. But i think it is rebounding.

Best simple advice i can give is sign up with parkingcrew, voodoo, bodis(bodis is stepping they game up!), other parking companies and use above.com nameservers.

Even my parking revenue has reduced to a very great extent, hence developing/testing a parking alternative, which depends on the quality of the domain you have. I earn some money from the alternative, have to develop more websites. If you want to know more send a list of the domain names, will check if the monetization method which I use will be suitable. Are you planning to hold the domain names for a long period of time, or have purchased the domain for flipping,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I would like to develop some domains but it is time consuming. I've developed only very few of them but using adsense the CTR is lower for developed websites and I can't earn much more than parking if I do not invest in some seo actions. I think a good alternative could be to sell affiliate products related to the domain names, and possibly I will try this way in the future for domains suitable for that.

At the begin, when parking earnings were very good, I had acquired many domains to earn simply from parking and it was good because I had not to invest much time. But things have changed and now I keep only very good single word or two words domains, mainly in .in extension (I have dropped many .co.in domains) or domains with good traffic/earnings.

I want to sell the majority of my domains but I will consider also to develop some of them, you can find some of my indian domains on my website, domainseason.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed RPC for Indian domains collapsed recently at Voodoo.

Recently i got alot of $0.01 clicks and a few clicks but no revenue. But i think it is rebounding.

Best simple advice i can give is sign up with parkingcrew, voodoo, bodis(bodis is stepping they game up!), other parking companies and use above.com nameservers.

Thanks for your answer, yes the same is for me at voodoo.

I have accounts with many parking providers (namedrive, sedo, voodoo, parkingcrerw, bodis, internettraffic, domainsponsor, rookmedia...) and I tried above.com some months ago: it worked quite well for traffic domains but not so well for low traffic domains (maybe because it is more difficult to optimize them). After seeing that the majority of my domains earned more at voodoo I have changed the nameservers to voodoo.com instead of above.com, but maybe now it is time to retry above.com, at least for some domains.

Anyway looking at earnings from few indian domains I still have at namedrive, bodis, internettraffic, the situation does not seem to be better there.

It was discussed on NamePros forums in the Voodoo thread. The problem started on the 13th of November when Google decided to nullify low-mobile traffic for parked domains. As you know, most people in India access Internet using mobiles and probably a healthy share of it are lower mobile models. So, that's the wonderful gift we have received from Google for the end of the year.

Almost all parking companies use Google feed for domain ads so it's hard to counter that update. It's been the same story with Voodoo, Bodis, etc. You can try Above to optimize the traffic among the parkings but it won't return to the earlier levels. Also heard that DNS has still good results after that cursed update but haven't tested them myself.

The NP discussion: https://www.namepros.com/threads/voodoo-com.735423/page-87#post-4738405

It was discussed on NamePros forums in the Voodoo thread. The problem started on the 13th of November when Google decided to nullify low-mobile traffic for parked domains. As you know, most people in India access Internet using mobiles and probably a healthy share of it are lower mobile models. So, that's the wonderful gift we have received from Google for the end of the year.

Almost all parking companies use Google feed for domain ads so it's hard to counter that update. It's been the same story with Voodoo, Bodis, etc. You can try Above to optimize the traffic among the parkings but it won't return to the earlier levels. Also heard that DNS has still good results after that cursed update but haven't tested them myself.

The NP discussion: https://www.namepros.com/threads/voodoo-com.735423/page-87#post-4738405

Thanks for your message. Yes, I know that thread on namepros because I started it :) (my NP username is Jivan).

I saw the first big drop after 13th November, the problem is that the drop continues for me even after 13th November (in the first days of December I had generally a better RPM than the RPM of the last days).

Yesterday I've contacted Donny at voodoo, he said he has contacted google team and for December and January earnings are less than expected but they think earnings will increase.

Anyway like you said I think that the big drop is mainly due to the change made by google about mobile traffic, I hope that things will change in the near future for mobile traffic.

I have also heard about things are better at DNS, maybe I will test some domains there.

Hopefully the parking companies will learn how to monetize the low-mobile traffic beyond the Google network. It's hard to understand how this kind of traffic is suddenly worth nothing. Is someone looking for a job using a low-class mobile different from someone using a higher-class mobile? I don't see a logic except reducing parking payments for domainers once again.

The stats are indeed a bit better for the last few days, so perhaps they are changing something, this time for better.

I actually checked one of my top domains with DNS and RPC was indeed higher but at the same time the number of clicks was lower compared to Voodoo/Bodis, so overall it boiled down to very similar results. Too bad it's not fully integrated into Above system (only importing stats works).

Hopefully the parking companies will learn how to monetize the low-mobile traffic beyond the Google network. It's hard to understand how this kind of traffic is suddenly worth nothing. Is someone looking for a job using a low-class mobile different from someone using a higher-class mobile? I don't see a logic except reducing parking payments for domainers once again.

The stats are indeed a bit better for the last few days, so perhaps they are changing something, this time for better.

I actually checked one of my top domains with DNS and RPC was indeed higher but at the same time the number of clicks was lower compared to Voodoo/Bodis, so overall it boiled down to very similar results. Too bad it's not fully integrated into Above system (only importing stats works).

I also hope improvement in parking, anyway I'm considering alternatives (included to become more active in sell domains) because I'm feeling I'm missing earnings parking my domains.

I will give a try again to DNS for some of my indian domains (for me, when used in the past, DNS worked correctly and was integrated with above.com)

Have you tried alternate monetization options like other CPM and text link ad networks listed at Internet Advertising Notes, internet advertising information, methods, techniques, Adsense alternatives .PPC advertising revenues are very low now, other methods should be checked for monetization of websites, and expenses should be minimized to the extent possible.
I have not used adsense since 2008, I use other ad network options to cover renewal expenses for domain names

I've never used alternatives to adsense, but possibly I will try some of them.

In the past I've read reviews said that all alternatives pay less than adsense (except sell affiliate products).

Is there a specific alternative do you suggest which have an RPM > 3-4 USD?

Thanks in advance

Earn most advertising revenue from text link advertising for monetizing website, it does not depend on the number of visitors, can earn money even if there are no visitors or even a few visitors to the website, it depends on the quality of the domain name, the content of the website and other factors. Other experienced domain investors like Impulse corp have noticed that they get very little traffic from Google, when they develop their website, hence domain investors should consider alternative domain/website monetization option

Earn most advertising revenue from text link advertising for monetizing website, it does not depend on the number of visitors, can earn money even if there are no visitors or even a few visitors to the website, it depends on the quality of the domain name, the content of the website and other factors. Other experienced domain investors like Impulse corp have noticed that they get very little traffic from Google, when they develop their website, hence domain investors should consider alternative domain/website monetization option

Thanks, I'm interested in knowing how to earn money from domains with few visitors. Could you send me a link to start or more details?

Thank you

How easy is it to begin earning money just from parked domains? I have never tried it before. Do you have to invest a lot of money into buying domains with the right keywords to get traffic to them or what? If anyone has any advice on this matter it would be most appreciated.

P.S.

Which domain parking site do you all recommend? I have used sedo before for selling domains and it was ok but I just want to know if you guys know anything better or if I should stick with this, thanks.

Brief overview of parking: An advertiser with a site agrees to pay a pay per click search engine an amount of money for each visitor they receive from the site. Its called pay per click because they visitor is sent when they click the advertiser's listing, which is normally presented in response to a search done by the visitor using a search box or clicking a text link. So, the key ingredient is that your domains should already have traffic - if they don't, you're not going to earn anything from parking.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom