Parked Domains: What Not To Do?

Discussion in 'Parking' started by Ceres, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Ceres

Ceres New Member

Am I missing something or is this article recommending that instead of parking your domain, you steal other people's content and make money from it?

I would think there are copyright issues involved, even if you link back to the original source. Perhaps this is where the DMCA comes in?

What are your views?

2. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

Well, not really. It sounds like you'd just be syndicating a person's feeds, sort of like Domaining.com.

3. Ceres

Ceres New Member

Jeff, thanks for clarifying this. I've never used FeedWordPress before so I'm not too familar with it. If there isn't any original content on the website except for the feeds, doesn't this amount to a scraper site? I'm probably just not understanding something here!

Going back to the article...have any INForum members tried this method? According to the article, you get more revenue than with a parked domain:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  4. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

Pretty much. But it's a lot about intent and how it's done. Is Domaining.com a scraper site? Is there any original content on Domaining.com except for the feeds?

I'm skeptical about whether that's true. Parked pages, if done well, have a pretty high CTR. Once you start adding other content on, CTR goes down. Whether you can get enough extra traffic through the search engines to make up for this decline in CTR is questionable.

5. Ceres

Ceres New Member

Okay, I get what you're saying about intent and how it's done. Using your example: Yes Domaining.com does offer more than just the feeds. They also sell domains on their site, they provide a list of domaining resources, they offer advertising and have an affiliate program.

Noted, thanks!