OverweightShaadi.com: For the Large Hearted

IT.com

Ceres

Another matrimony site has just launched in India. This time it's not for the elite, but for those who have 'fuller figures.'

The founders of OverweightShaadi.com are two sisters Megha Singhal and Aditi Gupta. The matrimony site offers both free and paid membership levels, and caters to "full figure adults who no longer want any delays in their search for a suitable match."

Currently, the website doesn't have much info on it, but my guess is that it's only at the early stages of development and marketing. According to a Metronation article, the matrimony site has already helped one couple, who are set to marry in February.

I think if there's a high enough demand, this business idea could work out extremely well for the founders. There are many stores that offer plus size clothing, so why not also have a matrimony portal that offers matchmaking services to plus size people?

What do you think of the idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why this OverWeightShaadi.com has not registered with .in domain?

Will all the full size people expect similar life partner?

Suppose, if they expect like that, then what will be the size(= / < / >) / (L / XL / XXL) !!!

it made me laugh at first.i don't think it would do well because people don't like identifying themselves with being overweight.

Why this OverWeightShaadi.com has not registered with .in domain

I noticed. Like some others, they probably don't realize that a few years from now .IN will be more popular. India is just getting started on the net!

it made me laugh at first.i don't think it would do well because people don't like identifying themselves with being overweight.

Hi cd345, I agree some people will be like that.

However, there are people that are realistic. A pear is a pear whichever way you look at it. Some people will accept this fact, some will deny it. The ones that accept this fact might sign up to the site. ;)

This is an interesting but at the same time very practical idea, obesity is shaping up like an epidemic in India too, so people will find such sites very useful. At present it might not strike all that well but future generations will find their matches through this site only.

Oh teri! What a great idea! I am really impressed. Moreover I fit almost 50% in the equation. Why? Um... coz I am overweight and that it coz I am already married ;)

Jokes apart really wonderful idea and I wish you best luck.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom