orasap.in

IT.com
Hi cerindus and welcome to INForum!

Sorry, I don't think that this domain has much value. The domain is usable in the manner you suggest. However, there is not really any mindshare for this sort of use, and not really any reason why someone would pay a premium for this term rather than make a fresh registration of a different domain instead.

The name isn't obvious or a novelty for the site you mentioned.

No value for it.

Well there are dozens of ERP training centers in Hyderabad and I have so far 3 of them ready to buy this domain.

Be careful that the offers aren't appraisal scams:
http://www.inforum.in/domain-appraisals/1488-domain-name-appraisal-scam.html

If you get an unsolicited offer on your domain name, that's a very different situation than if you are the one trying to make a sale. For an unsolicited offer, I'd pitch orasap.in at $1K to $2K.

That being said, it's extremely rare for even the best .in domains to get 3 offers simultaneously, which is why I'd be inclined to think that these are appraisal scams.

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for suggesting price for unsolicited offers.

Could you explain the difference between selling a domain and selling
a site?

Does selling domain names have any inherent risks or ethical issues
even if it is a generic one?

Thanks

Rao

Could you explain the difference between selling a domain and selling a site?

The sale of the domain is based on the value of the name itself, which comes from things like the keyword(s) used, the extension, traffic to the domain, how popular the keyword is, how valuable the keyword is, and considerations like that.

The sale of a website is normally based on some sort of multiple of revenue of the website, with the multiple affected by the industry, the demographics the site is aimed at, etc. The domain used for the website is just one small consideration out of many.

Maybe the best way of thinking about it is to think of a domain as being like a piece of raw land and a website as being like a business that's being run on the piece of land.

Does selling domain names have any inherent risks or ethical issues
even if it is a generic one?

If the domain is clearly generic, there normally won't be any risks or issues, and buying and selling is done all the time. As domains grow in value, trademark holders are becoming more aggressive about acquiring domains and sometimes will try to get one that is generic. But normally, this risk is small unless your domain is extremely valuable.

Thanks for the explanation jeff. I think now its pretty clear about how should beginners deal in this business. I could be pretty risky if you aren't very careful. Selling something that could be traced back to you could be really dangerous.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom