only .in or both .in and co.in

IT.com
Interesting question.

A year or so ago, I automatically bought both.

Since then though it has become increasingly clear that .co.in doesn't sell as well as .in. Also, I've even seen endusers willing to pay a premium for a .in even though the .co.in is available to register.

I still think that .co.in is worth registering in some cases, but I'm a lot more cautious about it and only register both if I've found something really good.

I'd be curious what other people think about this too.

Yes if the domain is a really good one then I will take the .co.in off the table.

Sometimes I find that the .co.in has been registered many years ago and for some reason the .in has been left unregistered so I will grab it ASAP.

Ed

i agree with what has been said here already. If you find strong one word domains, the .co.in could probably be valuable in the future.On the other hand, i try to stay with .in now since its popularity has outstripped .co.in, and its got better sales potential. Its about the sales!

well, you might only want to buy .CO.IN if your name is very generic or if you've trying to make it a brand name...

Recent sale of diapers.co.in makes be believe that corporations will go after both extensions .in and .co.in, for strong keywords.

It's not just Indian corporations but companies from the US, UK, Germany, Korea, Japan and others who want to have a presence in Virtual India will go after these domain names.

It helps to have UK use .co.uk and it reinforces the .co.in usage in India. The british influence or relationship with India is undebiable even with the recent close relationships with the US (atleast that is my thought process)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom