Online prescence

Discussion in 'Websites' started by walter, Jun 27, 2017.

1. walter

walter Kenya New Member

Apart from Google, are there any other search engines that you should have in mind when optimizing your website? I see people concentrate a lot on Google but what about the rest?

Parth likes this.
  2. tulip

tulip Kenya Active Member

I don't think that there is any other search engine that comes close to Google. I’m not sure if search engines like Bing and Yahoo give search results in close proximity to it. People seem to be concentrating a lot on Google.

Parth likes this.
  3. dibon

dibon Kenya Member

A huge chunk of searches (say 86%) go through Google. The other platforms like Bing, Yahoo or Facebook have around 7%-8% of searches going through them. Nonetheless, you shouldn't disregard the latter because a balanced portfolio will help tap into a greater pool of potential customers.

Parth likes this.
  4. Saki

Saki United States Member

Google is the best in my opinion. I think that it beats all other search engine sin every category imaginable. However, there is Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and a couple of others.

Parth likes this.
  5. dibon

dibon Kenya Member

Very true Saki and even though the other search engines may not rank as high as Google, there are people that still use them and it is never a good idea to completely ignore them. A balanced portfolio is very vital.

6. Saki

Saki United States Member

I agree, dibon, you should capitalize on every opportunity that you have, so ignoring other search engines is not a great idea, however most do.

7. Anayaa

Anayaa United States Member

Google is and has been the most used search engine around, however, I agree that no one should disregard the others simply because they are not Google. By learning how to get ranked on Google, getting ranked on the others should be a breeze. Do not leave anything on the table that could possibly help you acquire customers, no matter how insignificant they may seem.