OneManga.com's new status: Pending Delete

IT.com

Digital Pandit

Country flag
It’s not every day that the domain name for a once super popular website comes up for auction. I was looking through a list of domain names that are coming up for auction, and I saw that OneManga.com is in pending delete status. This means the domain name will likely go to auction at the drop catching service that is able to catch it.

OneManga.com was a popular Manga website up until around 2010, according to an article on CBR.com. According to its Manga Wikipedia entry, “Manga are comics or graphic novels created in Japan or by creators in the Japanese language, conforming to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century. They have a long and complex pre-history in earlier Japanese art. The term manga in Japan is a word used to refer to both comics and cartooning.

From what I can gather, OneManga.com was one of the more popular Manga websites before it was shuttered. There is a nostalgic discussion thread about OneManga.com on Reddit with over 200 comments. Over the years, I can see that there are several other Reddit threads discussing the OneManga website. It seems that the people who regularly visited OneManga.com had fond memories of the website and Manga community that existed on the website while it was operating. It is unclear to me why the registrant let the domain name expire rather than sell it or do something else with it.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom