One word .in domains

IT.com

indomained

Can anyone see a demand for one word .in domains that are verbs for instance. for example?

walked.in

Can anyone see a time where all one word .ins will be taken like .coms?
Is there anyone out there building a portfolio of one word .ins?

Would like to get peoples ideas on this subject

I don't think that it's a good idea to be registering or buying domains just because they fit a pattern - like the fact that they are one word. Instead, you've got to look at the individual qualities of the domains.

There are lots of obscure words in the English language (and in other Indian languages). There are also words in odd sounding tenses. Just because they are one word doesn't make them worth registering.

The problem with these sorts of domains is that they rely on a "greater fool" theory - the owner hopes to sell to another domainer at a profit who hopes to sell to still another domainer at a profit and so on. Someone will be left holding the bag at the end of the day because they aren't really domains that will ever get a sale to an enduser.

On the other hand, a quality domain can be used by an end user to set up a website for a business. The value of these domains comes from what an end user is likely to pay and the probability that an end user will want to buy it. It doesn't rely on an inflationary domainer environment - but instead on money coming in from the outside.

So, in short, concentrate on commercial terms that have meaning and resonance. Obviously you don't want them to be too long, but just because a domain is one word doesn't in itself give it value.

Here's interesting information - there are about 500,000 to 1,000,000 words in the English language depending on how you count them:
Number of Words in the English Language

That would mean there are *lots* of unregistered one word .in domains (although that doesn't mean they are worth registering).

Here's interesting information - there are about 500,000 to 1,000,000 words in the English language depending on how you count them:
Number of Words in the English Language

That would mean there are *lots* of unregistered one word .in domains (although that doesn't mean they are worth registering).
With so many words in the english language you can understand why people who learn english as a second language find it difficult.

There is the odd single word domain still available and worth regging. I used an english dictionary wordlist of ~70k words and found half a dozen decent names.

Also, the .in extension has the added benefit of being exactly that... "in". If you check out sedo you can see some clever domains up for sale, such as search.in, move.in etc. I'm not sure if walked.in would be worth regging. Walk.in would be, but that is probably alread regged.

Yes , the .in extension has the advantage the word in , for example problems. in is a fairly common phrase

Counterproof.com sold today at Bido for.... a grand total of $51.

So, even in .com, just because a domain is one word, doesn't mean it has value.

In .in you need to be much more selective than for a .com.

So, even in .com, just because a domain is one word, doesn't mean it has value.

In .in you need to be much more selective than for a .com.

Totally agree. A crap domain is a crap domain not matter what tld it has.

One word domain can have value, but .... As previous post mentioned it depends what is the word. I recently studied the frequency of words in the Wikipedia. Number of words in the English (and other languages) dictionary can vary. Let me give you some stats of words ranked by frequency of occurrence.

• Rank(1-50) Frequency Count(86M-3M) Examples(the, of, and, in, to, a, is) Words that are stop words.
  • Rank(51-3K) Frequency Count(2.4-56K) Examples(university, January, tea, sharp) Words form the “core” of the English dictionary — words that are most frequently used.
  • Rank(3K-200K) Frequency Count(56K-118) Examples(officiates, polytonality, neoligism) Words that can be found in some large and comprehensive dictionaries (above rank 50K are mostly Long Tail words)
  • Rank(200K-5.8M) Frequency Count(117-1) Examples(euprosthenops, eurotrochilus, lokottaravada) Terms from obscure niches, misspelled words, transliterated words from other languages, new words and “not words at all”
So "one dictionary word domain" is something very vague and prices can vary from word to word.

Thanks for the information.

Bido, hate to say it but are offering some pretty pathetic domain names as of late and this one almost tops the list. I say almost because KnoxLanding was highway robbery for the the buyer of that domain.

I agree Justin. It's strange - they really have the best auction platform and are doing a great job marketing it. Yet they can't seem to understand that they need better domains, even though they've been told many times by many people.

They'll have to live and learn. By the looks of it, from a birds-eye perspective, it almost seems as if they list many of their own domain names but who knows. I would think they would be better at choosing domains.

For example, I submitted: SAVED.in to be auctioned and it was not accepted, yet they sell domains like bottleclubs.com or juera.com for next to nothing. As far as I know they have to employ at least two people and 8% of nothing is still nothing. From a business perspective I'm not sure I understand what's going on.

It's a great platform and hope to see it expand and would like to see some better results. However, can you imagine being the guest, expert speaker on a day where a domain name is so poorly chosen that it doesn't clear $100? I'm not impressed after submitting 30+ domains myself over the past few weeks with only one of them making the cut, I'm losing interest quickly.

Oh well, live and learn they say. The future is bright for a platform like bido but it may take someone else creating a similar method of facilitating the moving of domain names in this industry under a similar platform. We shall wait and see how it goes. Meanwhile, I'm done submitting anymore of my domains. :)

I too have come across quite a few anomalies when it comes to Bido..they have auctioned some very idiotic domains and not even considered quite a few good ones..for one, I know for sure that Bido gives a lot of importance to gTLD's..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom